Julio Jones Traded To Titans

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The pick and cap relief is kind of a big deal. They weren't getting a first.
Remember when they claimed to have a first round offer. But honestly he is a WR in his 30s coming off an injury plagued season. I wouldn't give up a first either.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Remember when they claimed to have a first round offer. But honestly he is a WR in his 30s coming off an injury plagued season. I wouldn't give up a first either.
I wouldn’t give up a 2nd and 4th.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Maybe if I was desperate for a WR but it's a real gamble. I'm guessing he has 1 or two years left in him but an injury could really wipe even that out.
Agreed. It seems like a lot to give up for a guy with a really short window and a pile of injuries.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That was terribly written.
ATL gets 2022 2nd and 2023 4th
TN gets Julio Jones and a 2023 6th.
How hard was that.
Yeah, he complicated that shit too much.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Titans are close, and a guy like Julio can make a big difference sealing up that division and vs KC or Baltimore. Really good trade for both if Jones is healthy.

Henry isn’t going to be the dominant force he’s been much longer, maybe never. They had to go for it, frankly.

Going to be real funny if the Titans beat Baltimore again in the playoffs and Julio makes an impact in that game.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Titans are close, and a guy like Julio can make a big difference sealing up that division and vs KC or Baltimore. Really good trade for both if Jones is healthy.

Henry isn’t going to be the dominant force he’s been much longer, maybe never. They had to go for it, frankly.

Going to be real funny if the Titans beat Baltimore again in the playoffs and Julio makes an impact in that game.

It will be interesting. I'm still not sure I believe in Tannehill though.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Will be very interesting. He's never had a true #1 like Julio Jones.
How much does Julio have left in the tank, though? If he was brought in to be a #2/complimentary guy with modest production, then I think he’ll do well. But if he was brought in to be a 1300+ yard, #1 WR in that offense, I think it’ll fail.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
How much does Julio have left in the tank, though? If he was brought in to be a #2/complimentary guy with modest production, then I think he’ll do well. But if he was brought in to be a 1300+ yard, #1 WR in that offense, I think it’ll fail.
When he's making $20mill they're probably hoping they get a #1 WR.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
When he's making $20mill they're probably hoping they get a #1 WR.
I think he's becoming a #1 WR who specializes more in possession vs. deep explosion. His injury and Calvin Ridley's emergence confused that perception last year, but he's still a guy who's going to break open games.

Both Jones' yards/target and catch percentage were the highest of his career in 2020, which probably means he's being targeted on shorter patterns. He also had the shortest season-long catch of his career (44) and only played 9 games.

But there is no universe where adding Julio Jones does not help a limited QB like Tannehill. It's a huge lift, and is going to be amazing for AJ Brown.

This is a strike-now opportunity play for Tennessee and not a long term investment. They need all the help they can get to get over the hump. That starts with Jones being healthy all year, but he's a key cog and not the driving engine that Henry is.

I'm really happy the Cowboys don't play that team. Henry is a punisher, and when the WR's can back safeties off of him he's going to be murder on smallish LBs and DL.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm really happy the Cowboys don't play that team. Henry is a punisher, and when the WR's can back safeties off of him he's going to be murder on smallish LBs and DL.
At least until the Super Bowl.

Top Bottom