JPP severely injures hand in fireworks accident

D

Deuce

It's them posting it on a social media website that I think will get them in trouble. The hospital is without a doubt in deep shit, but I'm pretty sure it's against the law to post someone's medical records regardless of how you came across them.
They aren't a healthcare agency and so not bound to those confidentiality laws. Maybe some journalistic ethics questions but that's about it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's them posting it on a social media website that I think will get them in trouble. The hospital is without a doubt in deep shit, but I'm pretty sure it's against the law to post someone's medical records regardless of how you came across them.
HIPAA only covers health care organizations and their associates. Meaning for example if you are a shredding company that shreds medical documents for a hospital, then you are bound under the HIPAA regulations. ESPN doesn't fall under either of those categories, so HIPAA doesn't apply to them. Oddly enough I actually specialized a little bit in Health Law during law school.

So yeah ESPN is probably in the clear although I'm sure an attorney could conjure up some sort of a civil lawsuit against them if they really wanted. Some lawyers get bored like that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

peplaw06

Brand New Member
HIPAA only covers health care organizations and their associates. Meaning for example if you are a shredding company that shreds medical documents for a hospital, then you are bound under the HIPAA regulations. ESPN doesn't fall under either of those categories, so HIPAA doesn't apply to them. Oddly enough I actually specialized a little bit in Health Law during law school.

So yeah ESPN is probably in the clear although I'm sure an attorney could conjure up some sort of a civil lawsuit against them if they really wanted. Some lawyers get bored like that.
I've never done anything that was more than a tangent to HIPAA, so I don't know much about it. But even if it doesn't technically cover ESPN, I would think Schefter probably lobbied for this information. Wonder if he paid the person who disclosed it? If he did and I was JPP, I would jump all over ESPN. Deeeeeeep pockets.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you think nurses aren't taking pictures of your chart and sending it out to friends when you got a lightbulb stuck up your bum you are sadly mistaken.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Cotton

Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
F John Mara, but that is a pretty funny line

Cotton

Staff member

Mara went on to say that the team most likely will extend the middle finger to JPP. Many are calling the comment inappropriate and uncalled for.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Mara went on to say that the team most likely will extend the middle finger to JPP. Many are calling the comment inappropriate and uncalled for.
If this is your own joke it's the best I've heard in years.

Cotton

Staff member

It looks like his thumb is gone. If he can't grab, he is done.

Cotton

Staff member
Giants, Jason Pierre-Paul finally touch base

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 3, 2015, 9:42 AM EDT

There’s still no word on when Jason Pierre-Paul will sign his one-year contract with the Giants, and no word on whether he’ll be healthy enough to play when he does. But the two sides are at least talking.

The Giants had no contact at all with Pierre-Paul from his Fourth of July fireworks injury into the beginning of August, but on Sunday Giants G.M. Jerry Reese finally talked to Pierre-Paul, Giants owner John Mara said today on 660 AM in New York.

Pierre-Paul is the Giants’ franchise player, which means he has few options: He can either sign a one-year contract to play with the Giants this year or not sign anywhere at all. So eventually he’s going to be with the Giants this year.

But if he’s not healthy enough to play, the Giants will put him on the non-football injury list, which means they won’t have to pay him. Pierre-Paul suffered serious hand injuries, including the loss of an index finger, in the fireworks accident. At this point, no one seems to know when or if he’ll be able to play this year.

Before Pierre-Paul can play, he needs to report to the Giants. Talking to Reese may be the first step toward that happening.

Cotton

Staff member

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Jesus, did the guy tie 3 M80s together and let them go off in his hand?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

Just the tip. Heh.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Top Bottom