Ugghh

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Ugghh

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah not good at all. I try not to evaluate a position coach too harshly because they are limited by talent and the other pieces around that unit but it's hard to feel good about this guy. The talent and pass rush in Atlanta likely hurt him. But that doesn't mean he would be any good with better talent and a pass rush.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Charles Woodson says fuck all ya'll.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Meh, it's fine, let McCarthy/Quinn sink or swim with their guys.
Pretty much. It is not like they necessarily had that same page cohesion last year. They can't say they don't "know" this guy. Just have to hope the results he has shown in GB and ATL are not indicative of his coaching ability.

I still think McCurley needs to effing go. The LBers really took a step backwards last year. How they can go from decent to clueless in two years was frightening.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Meh, it's fine, let McCarthy/Quinn sink or swim with their guys.
Agree. You can't bitch about Jerry meddling and then expect him to force assistants on the head coach. The HC needs to make that call.

stubbie

Not So New Member
One thing these hires tell me is if they don't work out, McCarthy is gone next year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah not good at all. I try not to evaluate a position coach too harshly because they are limited by talent and the other pieces around that unit but it's hard to feel good about this guy. The talent and pass rush in Atlanta likely hurt him. But that doesn't mean he would be any good with better talent and a pass rush.
Plus the Cowboys defensive personnel are pretty comparable to the Falcons. So you really can't even hang your hat on the talent propping him up.

Top Bottom