Jerry Jones wants NFL to relax rules against marijuana use

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I neither smoke or drink. Mind you I did both when I was in the military but that went to the shelf when I got out. That was 1961.
Yeah, clearly it's different for you than other people. It's sort of like I don't understand how someone can feel the need to smoke cigarettes every day, all day long. But clearly for them it affects them differently than it does me. I can understand the joy of an occasional cigarette or drink but to me it seems crazy that someone wants to do it all times.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I drink beer, typically no more than 2 or 3 at a time. Rarely, and I mean once a year or so, would I drink to get drunk. I've only smoked weed twice so I have little to no experience with it. Are there different levels of high? Do you get more high if you smoke to fast? Does the high last longer if you smoker more? I ask because I can drink 2 or 3 beers and be perfectly fine, but can you smoke one blunt and function? I don't know, last time I tried I threw up in someones yard and grabbed a beer....
It all depends on the type of weed. Different weed has different effects. Some last longer. Some are creepers. Some are heavy (more intense). Some are more mellow. And, that's just regular weed. That doesn't even factor in hydro or other altered weed.

Last edited:

midswat

... soon
I've never had a sip of alcohol either. I also started the backward hat trend.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I laughed at "the point of weed it to get so high you don't know who or what you are anymore."

:lol :lol :lol
No telling how damn high you are right now.

How many fingers am I holding up?

2233boys

Not So New Member
I don't drink alcohol, smoke weed/cigarettes nor do I eat meat. I also don't condemn those who do.

Take note. :jerry

DLK150

DCC 4Life
It all depends on the type of weed. Different weed has different effects. Some last longer. Some are creepers. Some are heavy (more intense). Some are more mellow. And, that's just regular weed. That doesn't even factor in hydro or other altered weed.
I haven't touched grass in over twenty years but if alcohol is legal, it should be as well. Alcohol is physically and mentally/emotionally addictive but the THC in Marijuana is mostly mentally addictive. I've never read a study that stated anything otherwise. That said, it shouldn't be abused any more than any other drug including alcohol. Personally, I've seen more people addicted to prescription medications such as pain killers or antidepressants than either alcohol or Mary Jane.

Legalize it and even though I'm loathe to the practice, regulate it. When I was younger, one guy I knew bought some of the street that was laced with something like PCP or LSD. Fvcked him up in a major way. Also, as Iamtdg mentioned, there are different varieties with different levels of THC. The last time I smoked some was in '95 and even though I was only a few hundred feet from my apartment, I barely made it back there before falling out on my bed. That was some wicked strong stuff and I just said never again.

At the same time, people should be able to put whatever they want in their body and deal with whatever the consequences are. It's not like the people that make these laws are all physicians.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I haven't touched grass in over twenty years but if alcohol is legal, it should be as well. Alcohol is physically and mentally/emotionally addictive but the THC in Marijuana is mostly mentally addictive. I've never read a study that stated anything otherwise. That said, it shouldn't be abused any more than any other drug including alcohol. Personally, I've seen more people addicted to prescription medications such as pain killers or antidepressants than either alcohol or Mary Jane.

Legalize it and even though I'm loathe to the practice, regulate it. When I was younger, one guy I knew bought some of the street that was laced with something like PCP or LSD. Fvcked him up in a major way. Also, as Iamtdg mentioned, there are different varieties with different levels of THC. The last time I smoked some was in '95 and even though I was only a few hundred feet from my apartment, I barely made it back there before falling out on my bed. That was some wicked strong stuff and I just said never again.

At the same time, people should be able to put whatever they want in their body and deal with whatever the consequences are. It's not like the people that make these laws are all physicians.
I might disagree about your last paragraph to the extent that people may tend to get behind the wheel and then it's would seem to be no different than another impaired driver.

Cotton

Staff member
I might disagree about your last paragraph to the extent that people may tend to get behind the wheel and then it's would seem to be no different than another impaired driver.
Being impaired on pot isn't the same as being impaired on alcohol. If anything, you would drive slower. Driving while high is way safer than driving drunk.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Being impaired on pot isn't the same as being impaired on alcohol. If anything, you would drive slower. Driving while high is way safer than driving drunk.
If you get in a car accident, you're only going 4 fucking mph. Ooops...we hit something. You forgot to open the garage door, man.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If you get in a car accident, you're only going 4 fucking mph. Ooops...we hit something. You forgot to open the garage door, man.
I have no first hand experience but if pot doesnt impair or alter the mind what the point of it? My observations of the reactions of someone smoking pot is that it moves the mind to a stage of just not being alert or caring but again I really don't know.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I hear you, it slows your reaction time in a way similar to alcohol. The difference is, I don't believe there is any field test like a breathalyzer for alcohol outside of the old walk a straight line, follow the pen with your eyes, etcetera sort of thing.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Driving while high is way safer than driving drunk.
I don't agree with this at all. Being high adversely affects your judgement and your reaction time. There is no way you'll ever convince me that driving high is way safer than driving drunk.

Phrasing it like that makes it seem like you're saying one is safe, the other is not. That's like saying playing Russian Roulette with a .22 is way safer than playing with a .45 They are both dangerous as hell.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't agree with this at all. Being high adversely affects your judgement and your reaction time. There is no way you'll ever convince me that driving high is way safer than driving drunk.

Phrasing it like that makes it seem like you're saying one is safe, the other is not. That's like saying playing Russian Roulette with a .22 is way safer than playing with a .45 They are both dangerous as hell.
Okay, so maybe I should have phrased it less emphatically. Driving high is safer than driving drunk. How's that?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

You shouldn't drive under the influence of any substance, and it is already a crime.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Okay, so maybe I should have phrased it less emphatically. Driving high is safer than driving drunk. How's that?
Still don't agree. They both are extremely dangerous. There's no tangible way to measure which is MORE dangerous. It's all subjective.

Cotton

Staff member
Still don't agree. They both are extremely dangerous. There's no tangible way to measure which is MORE dangerous. It's all subjective.
I don't agree with that. I guess we will just have to leave it at that.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
and what about players who work/play in states where weed is still illegal? how would that work?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
and what about players who work/play in states where weed is still illegal? how would that work?
You can still be punished for committing a crime. Same way a player gets punished for a DWI and yet the NFL doesn't randomly test players for alcohol.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is a stupid question. Just because the league would stop testing for it doesn't make it mandatory that players use it. If players are caught in possession, they'd still be charged legally. Just like a DUI.

Top Bottom