Jerry Jones Implies Coaching is The Reason For Cowboys Failed Season

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jerry Jones Implies Coaching is The Reason For Cowboys Failed Season
By Robert Littal - December 29, 2015

Jerry Jones on his weekly radio show on 105.3 in Dallas, he dropped this little not so subtle dig at Jason Garrett.

“We should have coaches them up enough, done enough things that some of these games that we lost on our way to this record we could have won. You see other teams doing it and then you see another team doing it with a quarterback that left here that couldn’t do it.”

He is specifically talking about how Brandon Weeden is winning with the Texans now. He isn’t going to fire Garrett because he owes him too much money, but he does put the blame directly on him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, if we miss the playoffs next year I expect Garrett to be gone. Hell, even if we were to make it into the playoffs as a wild card, say with a 9-7 record, I'd expect him to be gone if we lost our first playoff game.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
It's hilarious that Weeden goes to Houston and wins, and the reason Weeden popped up and won is actually not lost on PT Barnum for once in his grand career of GM failure.

Somehow that gives me some sort of perverse pleasure.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I would wonder if Jerry would fire Linehan as another scapegoat for Garrett, but no other decent OC would want to come into this mess and run an offense out of a play book that has no passes in it from under center and no runs from the shotgun so you give away the play pre-snap.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would wonder if Jerry would fire Linehan as another scapegoat for Garrett, but no other decent OC would want to come into this mess and run an offense out of a play book that has no passes in it from under center and no runs from the shotgun so you give away the play pre-snap.
Well it's that or you cut Garrett's balls off further and let the new offensive coordinator bring his own playbook and run his own offense.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
What's stupid is how much influence the Weeden jabs in the media is actually having on Jones.

In once sentence he says "I don’t blame it all on the quarterback " and then in the next "You see other teams doing it, and you see another team doing it with our quarterback (Weeden) that left here and couldn’t do it."

Weeden despite being a QB, is just a cog in a wheel of 53 players playing against different levels of competition.

For Dallas he lost to the Falcons (hottest team in the NFL at the time), Saints (OT loss), and Patriots (best in the NFL at the time).

For Houston he beat the Titans (NFL's worst team) and Colts (28th ranked defense).

In Dallas he had no Dez Bryant, a struggling running game, and no Greg Hardy for the first two games.

Houston he has the #3 overall defense and DeAndre Hopkins, clearly an elite WR. The team is committed to running Blue and Grimes. Despite "his" victories, the coach is going to start a concussion-recovering Brian Hoyer over Weeden next week.

I still blame the coaches for running such a high-maintenance offense and not having the running game settled, but really in the end this team was going nowhere without Tony Romo and Dez Bryant playing at a high level.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Yea, if we miss the playoffs next year I expect Garrett to be gone. Hell, even if we were to make it into the playoffs as a wild card, say with a 9-7 record, I'd expect him to be gone if we lost our first playoff game.
No way Garrett gets fired if we make the playoffs. If anything he'd probably get another extension.

dallen

Senior Tech
No one with options is going to want to come in and coach here anyway since the staff is likely just waiting to be fired after next year if we don't make a deep playoff run.

Top Bottom