Jerry at the Combine

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So many :lols in there it's hard to isolate just a few.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
"It is just absolutely a stunning thing to me to think of why we’re not there (playing in Super Bowls) with what we commit and what we do to win Super Bowls.”

It's really stunning that a bunch of guys named Jones that love to try and tell everyone how much they know about football, fail miserably at implementing very simple things that armchair GMs sitting on the couch see every time the Cowboys play.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
It is just absolutely a stunning thing to me to think of why we’re not there (playing in Super Bowls)
:lol

Holy shit. No self-awareness whatsoever. Yes sir, it's a total mystery as to why we've flailed for 20+ years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Holy shit. No self-awareness whatsoever. Yes sir, it's a total mystery as to why we've flailed for 20+ years.
He just rationalized it.

They have been trying!

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is it me or is this a backhanded compliment? So we have to go 30 years with Garrett before a Super Bowl or am I reading it wrong?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
The question is, what time period in the last 20-plus years represents his "best work?"

He says that this is his 30th combine and he doesn't have "30 more." The fans wish his clock had stopped a long time ago.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it me or is this a backhanded compliment? So we have to go 30 years with Garrett before a Super Bowl or am I reading it wrong?
I think you are. I think Jerry is saying that if Garrett wins a Superbowl he will have the job for life.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
That's a lot of talking just to say nothing's going to change.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
"Jerry Jones: “I got involved (with the Cowboys) to win. I must tell you, I didn’t know it was going to be this tough. ... It is just absolutely a stunning thing to me to think of why we’re not there (playing in Super Bowls) with what we commit and what we do to win Super Bowls.”"

This is classic, right up there with the top 5 brain dead things Jerry ever said. It's in the same category as "500 coaches could have won that Super Bowl." He's totally unaware of the role his mismanagement plays. He thinks if you throw money at it and want it real bad that's enough -- like 31 other teams aren't committing resources to win Super Bowls. He actually believes that his football acumen should have earned them more Super Bowls. Hard to imagine someone that delusional getting out of bed every day and tying his own shoes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I will take "Shit you say when you have nothing at DE" for $500, Alex.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I find it an insult to the memory of Tom Landry.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Your Illustrious HIllbilly

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think he's saying that if Garrett ever does win a Super Bowl here, the Jones clan will give him a lifetime contract.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think he's saying that if Garrett ever does win a Super Bowl here, the Jones clan will give him a lifetime contract.
All the more reason to pray for his failure. If he somehow does luck into one, that would be it.

Top Bottom