Jayron Kearse

BlueStar

Brand New Member
I thought Jayron Kearse looked great the last time I saw him play,I thought he looked better than Donovan Wilson,anyone know why he's not starting?

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Kearse had a clutch TFL yesterday. Most of these guys seem to be playing beyond expectations, which is why it was so important to cut the one guy loose who was not.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought Jayron Kearse looked great the last time I saw him play,I thought he looked better than Donovan Wilson,anyone know why he's not starting?
He kind of is. Played the majority of snaps at SS in the Big Nickel.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He just didn’t make any plays yesterday

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He just didn’t make any plays yesterday
He made a couple of splash plays that I immediately remember.

He got one TFL on 3rd and 1 to force a punt and he came off the edge on a blitz and put a good hit on Mac Jones. A half a second sooner and it would have been a sack.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He got one TFL on 3rd and 1 to force a punt and he came off the edge on a blitz and put a good hit on Mac Jones. A half a second sooner and it would have been a sack.
I am still a little in shock on how consistent he has been.

I keep waiting for him to fuck up and most of the time, he doesn't.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He has a really good knack for timing the snap and knifing into the backfield. He's one of the most disruptive box safeties we've had in Dallas in quite a while.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He has a really good knack for timing the snap and knifing into the backfield. He's one of the most disruptive box safeties we've had in Dallas in quite a while.
It is quite embarrassing that Quinn can just waltz in here and completely reshape the entire position in one offseason.

When you look at what we went out and got in Hooker, Kazee and Kearse and compare it to the literal dog shit we have put out there at the position over the years, wow.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I am still a little in shock on how consistent he has been.

I keep waiting for him to fuck up and most of the time, he doesn't.
I give credit to Quinn and the defensive coaches. It appears they've identified what he does well (play near the LOS) and primarily play to his strengths. Unless I'm mistake, they don't ask him to do too much in the passing game.

Feels like a classic case of coaches fitting the scheme around a player's strength rather than forcing the player to do something they're not comfortable doing. That's been rare to see in Dallas.

p1_

DCC 4Life

sorry, I was talking about Wilson coming back. Love me some Kearse.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It is quite embarrassing that Quinn can just waltz in here and completely reshape the entire position in one offseason.

When you look at what we went out and got in Hooker, Kazee and Kearse and compare it to the literal dog shit we have put out there at the position over the years, wow.
imagine if we had competent defensive coaching over the last 10 years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I give credit to Quinn and the defensive coaches. It appears they've identified what he does well (play near the LOS) and primarily play to his strengths. Unless I'm mistake, they don't ask him to do too much in the passing game.

Feels like a classic case of coaches fitting the scheme around a player's strength rather than forcing the player to do something they're not comfortable doing. That's been rare to see in Dallas.
True, but Kearse was a lost sad puppy with Zimmer. And he was down and out with the Lions, plus substance abuse issues. He has really found a home.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

It is embarrassing, though when you see 9 of 11 starters from opening day replaced altogether you have to believe the result is going to be totally different. And given the prior regime fielded darned near the worst tucking defense possible, is it really embarrassing?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
True, but Kearse was a lost sad puppy with Zimmer. And he was down and out with the Lions, plus substance abuse issues. He has really found a home.
We rebuilt the entire defense in one offseason. That's pretty impressive really. Especially when you consider the free agent budget we did it with. This wasn't the Packers a few years ago signing high end free agents on defense to rebuild things. We did it on a shoestring budget and with draft picks.

p1_

DCC 4Life
We rebuilt the entire defense in one offseason. That's pretty impressive really. Especially when you consider the free agent budget we did it with. This wasn't the Packers a few years ago signing high end free agents on defense to rebuild things. We did it on a shoestring budget and with draft picks.
and were not done. Great start and turnaround, but we still have needs on defense. And apparently Quinn is the coaching shit.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Kearse has probably been like our 4th best defensive player, which is pretty astounding but also kind of depressing.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom