Jay Ratliff signs with Bears

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Lee deserves to be on the masthead of this forum.

Put Ware in the middle and have an inverse Oreo.
I agree with this sentiment. Lee definitely deserves to be on it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:picard

Carp

DCC 4Life
I do get raging boners in golf carts.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I endorse using a first round pick on a QB, but of course we won't.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I endorse using a first round pick on a QB, but of course we won't.
Yeah we probably won't, but yeah we've likely blown the window for the current core so it's time start thinking about the next core (and QB of course is the most important piece) before we waste ten years trying to find the next QB.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah we probably won't, but yeah we've likely blown the window for the current core so it's time start thinking about the next core (and QB of course is the most important piece) before we waste ten years trying to find the next QB.
If you hit on a QB, everything else is around it is achievable within the span of a couple offseasons if you are smart about how you build (though we aren't).

We have been saddled with some of the worst OL and DL play I've literally ever seen, and you guys would argue some of the worst coaching you've ever seen, and we're still on the cusp of being in the playoffs.

Given that OL and DL play are the most important things to excel at after QB, if those were good, think of where we'd be (setting aside the coaching issue).

Romo is going to be 34 next year. Drafting a QB, even in the first, and having him sit on the bench 2 years until Romo is 36, is not the worst move in the world.

Of course, given how we keep restructuring Romo's deal, we're going to have to keep him till he's 45 until the contract runs out just to keep from going into cap hell from all the guaranteed money.

data

Forbes #1
...and we're still on the cusp of being in the playoffs.
Not because we're winning games, though, but because our entire division sucks.

If it weren't for the NFL rules mandating an NFC East team to go to the playoffs every year...

Top Bottom