Is Jerry Jones Sabotaging Mike McCarthy?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I wouldn't say they are sabotaging him but IMO they are going through a soft/lite rebuild this season. They just aren't using the word 'rebuild' when I look at their personnel decisions this offseason coupled with the amount of available cap space they have, it's the only logical conclusion that I can come up with.

Regarding the Sean Payton angle, if I'm Payton there's no way in hell I would take the Cowboys job without some assurances that they are going to take a different approach to FA spending. Solely relying on rookie draft picks and Dollar Tree free agents to fill critical roster holes won't cut it, as we've seen.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't say they are sabotaging him but IMO they are going through a soft/lite rebuild this season. They just aren't using the word 'rebuild' when I look at their personnel decisions this offseason coupled with the amount of available cap space they have, it's the only logical conclusion that I can come up with.

Regarding the Sean Payton angle, if I'm Payton there's no way in hell I would take the Cowboys job without some assurances that they are going to take a different approach to FA spending. Solely relying on rookie draft picks and Dollar Tree free agents to fill critical roster holes won't cut it, as we've seen.
It definitely would be a departure for Payton. Mickey Loomis is an expert at cap manipulation. Goof Son? Nope.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Losing the 2023 pick likely destroys any chance the Dolphins had of landing Payton next year. Fat Mike's seat just got hotter.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
I was in agreement with you. I don’t think there’s any intent on the Jones’ part to cause MM to fail. They appear to not care if they enable failure by way of either sheer stupidity or stubborn arrogance.
Complete misunderstanding on my part. Sorry about that.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom