Is Jerry Jones Sabotaging Mike McCarthy?

RomoLover94

Brand New Member
Just a theory..

If we don’t sign a WR after the Washington injury, this is Jerry sabotaging McCarthy.

Tough schedule to the season with little experience on the outside, and we don’t sign a WR?? Yet we have no problem considering Takk and boosting the defense.

I believe that jerry may purposely not sign a WR to sabotage the record and make Quinn the interim after 6-7 games. Defense will look great with offense mediocre, and will help justify the decision. Still will be a chance for playoffs to make Quinn look like a hero when Gallup and Washington are 100% back.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have taken the liberty of editing the thread title so it does not appear like some sort of desperate text.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just a theory..

If we don’t sign a WR after the Washington injury, this is Jerry sabotaging McCarthy.

Tough schedule to the season with little experience on the outside, and we don’t sign a WR?? Yet we have no problem considering Takk and boosting the defense.

I believe that jerry may purposely not sign a WR to sabotage the record and make Quinn the interim after 6-7 games. Defense will look great with offense mediocre, and will help justify the decision. Still will be a chance for playoffs to make Quinn look like a hero when Gallup and Washington are 100% back.
Welcome to the board. I don't think he is intentionally sabotaging MM, but he damn sure isn't doing him any favors.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The whole issue here is the idea that they now go cheap at WR. That puts the onus on McCarthy (and Moore) to scheme the receptions if the talent remains the same. Call it sabotage or just not doing him any favors, it is still a reality if nothing is done at the position.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a really big difference though. No question he and Stephen are incompetent, but they wouldn't intentionally tank a season just to justify getting rid of a coach. They certainly don't think they need to justify any decisions they make.
I agree although it definitely feels like they are more focused on getting Quinn what he wants than worrying about the offense. I don't think it's an intentional thing to try and screw McCarthy. But I also think they just think more highly of Quinn.

But who knows, McCarthy seems to act like Turpin was someone he really wanted.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Just a theory..

YES!

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Just a theory..

Do not underestimate the absurdity of Jerry Jones. I doubt seriously he has thought far enough ahead to have even considered something like that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Do not underestimate the absurdity of Jerry Jones. I doubt seriously he has thought far enough ahead to have even considered something like that.
It could happen organically because our leadership is both cheap and lazy.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And they get full of themselves after any kind of success, no matter how badly they get smacked in the playoffs
That taste of success is always outside the playoffs. Thats why it means so little to me.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I completely agree with you there, I just don't think it would be purposefully. Out of ineptitude, is a completely different thing, that I would definitely say, is probable.
Still just as culpable and dysfunctional.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Never meant to insinuate he wouldn't be either of those things. I basically said he isn't smart. You can be stupid and culpable.
I was in agreement with you. I don’t think there’s any intent on the Jones’ part to cause MM to fail. They appear to not care if they enable failure by way of either sheer stupidity or stubborn arrogance.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I completely agree with you there, I just don't think it would be purposefully. Out of ineptitude, is a completely different thing, that I would definitely say, is probable.
It could be in a prodding way. They are really hooked on Quinn.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom