Interesting Article on Tony Romo...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It is entirely stupid to say that a player with first round talent unequivocably is a bust after 1 season,
You keep saying I'm calling DeCastro's career a bust-- I'm not, so I guess you're doing it to to distract from the truth that you can't just ignore the good season Claiborne had and cast away DeCastro's wasted year in any comparison of the two.

Those performances (or lack thereof) absolutely factor into any comparison. DeCastro's not a bust, but he's no longer worth what the Steelers used to take him. He's blown too many games. It's simple, if you were a Steeler exec with the magical power to reach back in time and substitute the next pick off their board (probably Dont'a Hightower) in place of DeCastro, you'd do it in a heartbeat. The Steelers would have signed another OL and improved their defense.

So you are saying any player who gets injured "isn't worth the pick"?
It's just stone cold reality that you have to accept, especially when it comes to this guy. If a player misses major time-- for whatever reason, then he wasn't worth what the team paid him. That's the truth in any profession. They can look back at it and say it was the right decision to draft him at the time 100 times out of 100-- but in hindsight everyone in the Steeler organization but the kid's mother will wish they hadn't chosen him with such a high pick.

It's not at all the same, Lattimore had two ridiculous knee injuries PRIOR to the draft, which is why he fell, DeCastro had none.
Yes... AGAIN, the decision at the time was justified. Who's disputing that?

It's the return on investment in hindsight that has totally sucked. This is why I'm down on Bruce Carter and Sean Lee. We've seen the flashes of 1st round talent-- only it's the ultimate tease because the mother f'ers rarely actually play! I'd ALWAYS rather have two normal 2nd round picks who actually showed up to work every day than these two.

Yes it's hindsight, but even in hindsight you are actually saying you'd STILL have taken DeCastro-- even knowing he'd have a blown knee, trashed his rookie season and basically screwed up Pittsburgh's plans for their OL in 2012 and Adams over Claiborne. It's a poor example, move to Reiff or something.

Top Bottom