INSIDER: Have LVE and Jaylon Smith made Sean Lee disposable?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Makes sense, but just seems strange. By strange, I mean asking your LB to keep up with a WR that had a ten yard running start when they're starting from standing still. It didn't look like LVE dropped at the snap, but only when the WR cleared Smith. Maybe that was just LVE reacting too slow. Hard to know unless we know what the defensive call was.
Yea, although either way I know for a fact that he wasn't in man there, it was definitely a zone drop. I don't think there is any DC in the league who would man up a LB with a WR like that and to me it looked like the hesitation on his part (and Smith as well) was to make sure they didn't have to play the run and as soon as they realized that they retreated backwards to their zones.

Smith and Woods were lined up on the "outside" with LVE in the middle and it looked like they had the flats/intermediate areas while LVE immediately sprinted deep, so I think that was probably his pre-snap responsibility but it's impossible to know for sure.

At the end of the day I think he did a good job there for what I think his individual assignment was.

shane

DCC 4Life
Maybe it’s because Smith overshadows him, but I don’t think LVE looks as great as this article makes him sound. He has looked lost in pass coverage and I don’t see all the speed everyone was so hyped about.

I know he is a rookie, so there’s a high ceiling there I’m sure but I don’t think he’s a Jaylon Smith.
I don't even think Smith is like an all-star yet, but both guys are looking like they have serious potential. These seem like linebackers Parcells would draft.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
These seem like linebackers Parcells would draft.
God, I hope not.

DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer were both more standup defensive ends than pure linebackers. Neither were expected to cover much. Ware even less than Spencer. Not to mention, Parcells was overruled in the selection of Ware. He wanted Spears there.

So, outside of Ware and Spencer we have Bradie James, Kevin Burnett, and Bobby Carpenter. I sure hope we can expect more out of Smith and LVE than that.

p1_

DCC 4Life
God, I hope not.

DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer were both more standup defensive ends than pure linebackers. Neither were expected to cover much. Ware even less than Spencer. Not to mention, Parcells was overruled in the selection of Ware. He wanted Spears there.

So, outside of Ware and Spencer we have Bradie James, Kevin Burnett, and Bobby Carpenter. I sure hope we can expect more out of Smith and LVE than that.
weve already gotten more from LVE and Jaylon.

p1_

DCC 4Life

shane

DCC 4Life
God, I hope not.

I just meant they were big asskickers who he would have loved.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not looking to cut Lee though; in fact, I’d even like to bring him back for a reduced deal eventually. He’d be excellent in a role where he’s spelled from time to time.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not looking to cut Lee though; in fact, I’d even like to bring him back for a reduced deal eventually. He’d be excellent in a role where he’s spelled from time to time.
I wonder if he is good with a reduced contract. I like him as part of the team, and when healthy, he still brings alot to the game.

Top Bottom