IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now that I have y'all's attention, I just wanted to have some real talk.

I was having a super-private high level discussion with @Cotton and I have decided to break confidentiality and go public with my concerns, some of what you read below is part of that dialogue:

This board has been going for a damned long time and even though we have all hung out here and talked forever, I don't ever want what we all have built (even the banned) to just fade away.

We all have been doing this message board shit for a long time (remarkable really) and there is shit here that is better than any damn thing you could find on social media today.

We have talent. We have a lot of teh funnah and other things to offer.

We always have, even back to the old days when there was not a fucking FaceSnap.

I think Mac and I were too ambitious with the whole Podcast thing.

I ain't dying or nothing, but it would be kind of sad that all of our history will die if we die.

Just sayin'.

Thank you for listening to my booze talk.

We tried the podcast thing and I believe that was a bit more aggressive than we have the capacity.

Voices, faces, that is not what we have been built on. It is words...thought... and I firmly believe, knowledge or at least intellectual curiousity.

That is something that has disappeared in the digital era.

That said. Fuck it. We can't do voice/video, but we can definitely post, deddy.

We need to find a way to brand the board (and/or ourselves).

So what I am suggesting is that we all band onto a platform, namely Twitter (X for those who smell Musk).

We can still keep this going, but I think it would be a lot of fun to branch out.

I think that we can at least do that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm a little confused as to what you are wanting to do.

Have our (our being the DCC) own Twitter account?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm a little confused as to what you are wanting to do.

Have our (our being the DCC) own Twitter account?
Yes, exactly. We go from this derelict sinking boat into a new world.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Eh, I’d be surprised if we got more than 6-7 guys to go do anything on Twitter/X. I just don’t think the interaction you get from outside influences is appealing. At least here on the board, we can control that. On Twitter I think it would be a shitshow. Maybe I’m wrong, buts it’s my opinion.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Podcasting is where it’s at. Far better reach and much more dynamic than Twitter. But obviously that’s been a dud for us too.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Podcasting is where it’s at. Far better reach and much more dynamic than Twitter. But obviously that’s been a dud for us too.
I think the podcasting is great, the problem is mostly time constraints with everyone's busy schedules.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eh, I’d be surprised if we got more than 6-7 guys to go do anything on Twitter/X. I just don’t think the interaction you get from outside influences is appealing. At least here on the board, we can control that. On Twitter I think it would be a shitshow. Maybe I’m wrong, buts it’s my opinion.
I think eventually podcast is the way to go.

What could be is a format where on certain people can post on the DCC account, but we start some of the same discussions here on there. In a perfect situation, the account could grow followers and that is how you can spark a podcast.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I agree, but Booze has a point, we need somehow to get word out there that the podcast exists.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree, but Booze has a point, we need somehow to get word out there that the podcast exists.
And through the networking piece we might find individuals who want to get on a podcast. Besides C-rock, Simp and myself it is hard to coordinate, plus Nutzy is out.

UncleMilti

Staff member
And through the networking piece we might find individuals who want to get on a podcast. Besides C-rock, Simp and myself it is hard to coordinate, plus Nutzy is out.
Where’s Nutzy?

I’m up for doing whatever works. If you guys want to jump on Twitter I’m in. I have an account but I never post anything. I rarely even go on there. But if we could set up a DCC I do think we’d get a bunch of followers, especially with our humor and more importantly our ability to stay away from the blatant homerism.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Where’s Nutzy?

I’m up for doing whatever works. If you guys want to jump on Twitter I’m in. I have an account but I never post anything. I rarely even go on there. But if we could set up a DCC I do think we’d get a bunch of followers, especially with our humor and more importantly our ability to stay away from the blatant homerism.
Mac is "taking a break" from the internet etc. I dunno many more details.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One thing to note. If we can no longer post Tweets, this board will literally become a ghost town.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
New Xenforo software is $140 for self-hosting. That said, this might be an X thing and getting new software wouldn't matter.

They do have cloud hosting that is $45 dollars for 3 months, then $60 dollars a month.

Popped over to the Zone who has the 2022 version of Xenforo and they are experiencing the very same thing right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If anyone is on Twitter, be the first to follow.

Top Bottom