Hill: Why not Johnny Manziel to the Cowboys?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The biggest problem with Wilson is he's part of the 5-11 Campo staff and none of those people should ever have been retained or invited back.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, who's defending the virtue of Wade fricking Wilson?

And please point out how he's being defended once you name us.
It wasn't the coaches fault. He just had crappy QBs to work with. Amirite?

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Wade Wilson has been here for many years, so he must be doing something right.

You think you know more than an NFL coach? Huh? Huh?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It wasn't the coaches fault. He just had crappy QBs to work with. Amirite?
Have nothing, throw out the stupidity. Ok.

Nobody here has said anything remotely close to suggesting Wilson is a good coach. I know I have advocated getting rid of Wilson, and I'd be willing to bet so has pretty much every one else. But if you think any other coach could have turned those guys into productive NFL coaches, you've lost your frickin' mind. And that is all that's being said here, not that Wilson is a good coach.

So tell us... Do you think David Lee or any other QB coach could have turned those guys into winners?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Nobody here has said anything remotely close to suggesting Wilson is a good coach. I know I have advocated getting rid of Wilson, and I'd be willing to bet so has pretty much every one else. But if you think any other coach could have turned those guys into productive NFL coaches, you've lost your frickin' mind. And that is all that's being said here, not that Wilson is a good coach.

So tell us... Do you think David Lee or any other QB coach could have turned those guys into winners?
Maybe Lee could have turned McGee into a backup QB. Who knows?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I'm saying they would have had a better shot at it with a different coach.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm saying they would have had a better shot at it with a different coach.
Sure. Right.

Qtard, Ryan Leaf, and Anthony fucking Wright would have had a fighting chance at a successful NFL career if only we had a good coach.

Ok.

:lol

Sometimes a shitty player is just that. A shitty player. And no coaching in the world is going to change it.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm suggesting with better coaching, there is a higher probability they would succeed. No gaurentees.
So Wade lessened our chances of saving some scrubs that nobody else could save? I guess I don't get that logic.

Take Wright for example: do the coaches at Bal, Cin and NY also have terrible QC coaches that failed him? I think Wright was the most successful of the scrubs and he did basically the same thing everywhere else that he did here. I suppose they didn't "Teach them to read the defense better and make better decisions"?

Defending Wade is not the point. I have no idea what he does out there. He could suck, but to claim to know that is dumb. I know Romo was better this year but nobody is going to change him much.

My real original point was that the QBs he's had to work with were awful. If you are judging him based on that you are making a retarded point.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There's lots you can do with them. Teach them to read the defense better and make better decisions for one thing.
Already told you Wright was picked up by another team and Leaf was already a basket case when he arrived. Leaf was a flyer from the git go with Dallas. They were one of several teams who tried to make him into a pro QB. They all failed because there was no candidate to work with. He was He proved to be completely hopeless.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I cannot believe some of you are defending the virtue of Wade fricking Wilson.
I am not defending Wilson. I am saying you can't hold up the qb development test to judge him. Dallas hasn't been in that mode during Wilson's tenure.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I think if Wade was a good coach, there would be no debate. It would be obvious that his presence was making a difference. Personally, I think he is marginal and he has worn out his welcome. Even if he was a productive coach 10 years ago, there are better options available, periodically, and we are overdue for a change.

I always thought David Lee was a good coach. And that's pretty much the consensus, I think. I would've welcomed him back in a heartbeat a couple of years ago, whenever it was he was available.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think if Wade was a good coach, there would be no debate. It would be obvious that his presence was making a difference. Personally, I think he is marginal and he has worn out his welcome. Even if he was a productive coach 10 years ago, there are better options available, periodically, and we are overdue for a change.

I always thought David Lee was a good coach. And that's pretty much the consensus, I think. I would've welcomed him back in a heartbeat a couple of years ago, whenever it was he was available.
I don't know if Wilson is a good coach or not but the QB position has been solid since he came back. So I guess the other side of the coin is what is there with his tenure that shows he is a bad coach. Maybe that will answer the question about him.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm down for firing Wade and getting a better option. Whatever...I have no connection to him.

If you get a wonderful QB coach it will make zero difference if we handle the QB situation the same way we have for the last 2 decades.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't know if Wilson is a good coach or not but the QB position has been solid since he came back. So I guess the other side of the coin is what is there with his tenure that shows he is a bad coach. Maybe that will answer the question about him.
The fact that despite Romo's good stats he still doesn't understand that situational decision making.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Does that mean that Favre had terrible QB coaches as well?
In ANY situation in football you can always blame the player, and by that logic no coach should ever be fired. Fact of the matter is that coaches and players always share responsibility for the results on the field, just like students and teachers.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
In ANY situation in football you can always blame the player, and by that logic no coach should ever be fired. Fact of the matter is that coaches and players always share responsibility for the results on the field, just like students and teachers.
I certainly don't disagree with you on that one bit. There is responsibility on both sides.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The fact that despite Romo's good stats he still doesn't understand that situational decision making.
True but I have yet to hear anyone step up and outline the things that make Wilson a bad coach. Initially the thought was put forth that he didn't develop QB's but that was pretty much debunked as to his tenure with Dallas. I don't know if he is a good coach or not but some have strong opinions so I assume they have a reason for thinking so. I haven't seen the reasons he is a bad coach but I am open to anyone's reasons and evaluations.

Top Bottom