Hill - Cowboys’ top five needs in the NFL Draft: Safety first or be on guard?

CowboyMcCoy

Brand New Member
So if ol' Jer drafts Eifert, does he get credit for recognizing a future weakness with Witten getting older and addressing it now?

:tippytoe
We've been trying to run 2TE sets for a while now. But we had Fazano and MartyMe, who didn't seem to fit well. If they truly want to run 2TE sets, like New England, they need a real TE. I also like Dion Sims, but he's not as rounded of a player and he's nothing like Witten. The thing about having 2 TEs, like Witten and Eifert, is that's hard to stop for defenses. It helps with the running game, too. And, let's face it, Witten is aging.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We've been trying to run 2TE sets for a while now. But we had Fazano and MartyMe, who didn't seem to fit well. If they truly want to run 2TE sets, like New England, they need a real TE. I also like Dion Sims, but he's not as rounded of a player and he's nothing like Witten. The thing about having 2 TEs, like Witten and Eifert, is that's hard to stop for defenses. It helps with the running game, too. And, let's face it, Witten is aging.
GTFO. My original post in this thread is my true feeling on the subject. The Jerry question was just poking the bear.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I swear to God above if these redneck idiots delude themselves into taking a TE at 18 I'm going to literally kill one of you, I don't know when or how, and it may be years from now, but it is going to happen.
Well, let's think...who would be missed the least?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Running a 2 TE base offense is great in theory, I argued for it years ago when saying that I'd want us to take Vernon Davis if he was available at our pick in 2006 or whatever year it was. The problem is that we aren't the Patriots and Garrett is a simple-minded play-caller who lacks creativity to fully implement it.

Bennett and Fasano weren't Aaron Hernandez or anything but they were/are adequate TE's in this league, especially as a number 2 behind a HOF'er like Witten. And what did we get out of them?

Dick and shit.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If we want to go with a 2 TE set you need an athletic TE to balance out the more conventional type we have Witten. You know, someone like James Hanna.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If we want to go with a 2 TE set you need an athletic TE to balance out the more conventional type we have Witten. You know, someone like James Hanna.
Yep. I think we are fine at TE. Using a 1st for another one would be retarded. Would mean we will have spent 2 seconds and a first on TE in the last 6 years. Frickin' retarded.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yep. I think we are fine at TE. Using a 1st for another one would be retarded. Would mean we will have spent 2 seconds and a first on TE in the last 6 years. Frickin' retarded.
While having an HOF TE on the roster.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Carp

DCC 4Life
This is pretty much conjecture...I don't think there is any chance we go TE at all. I actually think that SF coud move up to where we are to take Eifert and pair him with Davis. When you have a surplus of picks and talent you can do that.

CowboyMcCoy

Brand New Member
Running a 2 TE base offense is great in theory, I argued for it years ago when saying that I'd want us to take Vernon Davis if he was available at our pick in 2006 or whatever year it was. The problem is that we aren't the Patriots and Garrett is a simple-minded play-caller who lacks creativity to fully implement it.

Bennett and Fasano weren't Aaron Hernandez or anything but they were/are adequate TE's in this league, especially as a number 2 behind a HOF'er like Witten. And what did we get out of them?

Dick and shit.
We ran a bit of it, but Fasano was kind of a flop here, so was MartyMe. Let's be real. The probability of us taking Eifert isn't that high, but he's a much much better player than MartyMe or Fasano. If we were stacked on the line, he'd be a good possibility, I think. But we have bigger needs at the moment. Besides, I actually like Hanna a lot. I think the team feels the same way. Dude's fast and can run some mean routes.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
All the TE's in the world aren't going to help if we don't get better talent on both lines. This draft shouldn't be hard but our retarded braintrust is going to over think it and F up yet again.

Top Bottom