Hatcher Signs With Redskins

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That draft was the one I did the least amount of research during cause of my schedule at the time. So I just took NoDak's word for it as far as Bobbeh went. Big mistake. Big. Huge.
Booze liked him too.

:unsure

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I cant be mad at Bobby. He won me a Jersey from the DCC.

Him and Skyler Green.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
...Jared Allen rumors are starting up.
That would be a bit exciting because with Peppers, you were hoping he had something left whereas Allen is still a good player coming off of an 11.5 sack season.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That draft was the one I did the least amount of research during cause of my schedule at the time. So I just took NoDak's word for it as far as Bobbeh went. Big mistake. Big. Huge.
BOBBY! :towel wasn't my favorite from that draft. I did like him, but Ngata was my favorite hope to slide to us in that draft. As far as a LB, I would have been happy with Carpenter or Lawson. They both ended up sucking. Oh well.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I was all dam...I am getting a ton of mentions, but I get a notice every time you assholes mention Bobby Carpenter.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Loss of Hatcher could lead to pick in 2015
March, 17, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys lost Jason Hatcher to the Washington Redskins on Friday to a four-year, $27.5 million deal, but there could be a silver lining in the future.

Depending on how free agency plays out, the Cowboys could end up receiving a compensatory pick for Hatcher in 2015.

In 2011, the Cowboys lost Stephen Bowen via free agency to the Redskins and were able to gain a fourth-round compensatory pick. They are still waiting for that pick to pay off in safety Matt Johnson, who was taken No. 135 overall.

Johnson did not play in a game in 2012 because of hamstring and back injuries and he was on injured reserve last year with an ankle injury. When the offseason program starts next month, Johnson will be ready to go, but the Cowboys cannot bank on him being a contributor, even at a position of need like safety.

For those wondering if the Cowboys can recover a pick from the loss of DeMarcus Ware, the answer is no. Ware was technically not an unrestricted free agent because he was cut.

Cotton

Staff member
Sometimes, I buy a Cowboys jersey I don't even want.

Just to spite you.
Then you might want to go ahead and get your Weeden jersey.

Cotton

Staff member
And, and also, GFY.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Loss of Hatcher could lead to pick in 2015
March, 17, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys lost Jason Hatcher to the Washington Redskins on Friday to a four-year, $27.5 million deal, but there could be a silver lining in the future.

Depending on how free agency plays out, the Cowboys could end up receiving a compensatory pick for Hatcher in 2015.

In 2011, the Cowboys lost Stephen Bowen via free agency to the Redskins and were able to gain a fourth-round compensatory pick. They are still waiting for that pick to pay off in safety Matt Johnson, who was taken No. 135 overall.

Johnson did not play in a game in 2012 because of hamstring and back injuries and he was on injured reserve last year with an ankle injury. When the offseason program starts next month, Johnson will be ready to go, but the Cowboys cannot bank on him being a contributor, even at a position of need like safety.

For those wondering if the Cowboys can recover a pick from the loss of DeMarcus Ware, the answer is no. Ware was technically not an unrestricted free agent because he was cut.
If we sign Melton it's a wash.

Top Bottom