Hardy suspended 10 games

Jiggyfly

Banned
From the article...

Former sex crimes prosecutor Lisa Mendelson Friel—who was hired 11 days ago by embattled National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell to help clean up the mess he’s made—loves and reveres the New York Giants.

She’s the sort of fan who turned the den of her Brooklyn home into a shrine (painting it Giants blue and red and decorating it with team paraphernalia and a life-size wall-hanging of Eli Manning), boasts season tickets that have been in her family for more than 60 years, and cheers her lungs out at every game at MetLife Stadium in the New Jersey Meadowlands.

“She’s a rabid Giants fan,” says Friel’s former boss, Linda Fairstein, the famed New York prosecutor-turned-crime novelist. “I can be sitting at home staying good and toasty, watching a game, and she’s out there in all kinds of weather,” Fairstein says. “She knows football inside-out.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/26/can-lisa-friel-save-roger-goodell.html

:unsure

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Ya know, I hate people in power like Goodell who feel the need to clamor rather than doing what's right. If he'd have made a fair punishment like 4-6 games there likely would have been no challenge and people would have said,"Hey that's reasonable!". Instead of being a real leader he panders to the squeaky wheel crown and knows his decision will likely be over-ruled. That's a sucky way to run a business. F'er.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think Deuce was implying that. I could be wrong.
I may have misunderstood then. If he was basically saying that Goodell was doing it as a PR move then I agree. I think he was definitely trying to look like a hardass on domestic violence not caring about the rules and weather it will be overturned or not.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I may have misunderstood then. If he was basically saying that Goodell was doing it as a PR move then I agree. I think he was definitely trying to look like a hardass on domestic violence not caring about the rules and weather it will be overturned or not.
Pretty sure that's what he was saying.

dallen

Senior Tech
From the article...

Former sex crimes prosecutor Lisa Mendelson Friel—who was hired 11 days ago by embattled National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell to help clean up the mess he’s made—loves and reveres the New York Giants.

She’s the sort of fan who turned the den of her Brooklyn home into a shrine (painting it Giants blue and red and decorating it with team paraphernalia and a life-size wall-hanging of Eli Manning), boasts season tickets that have been in her family for more than 60 years, and cheers her lungs out at every game at MetLife Stadium in the New Jersey Meadowlands.

“She’s a rabid Giants fan,” says Friel’s former boss, Linda Fairstein, the famed New York prosecutor-turned-crime novelist. “I can be sitting at home staying good and toasty, watching a game, and she’s out there in all kinds of weather,” Fairstein says. “She knows football inside-out.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/26/can-lisa-friel-save-roger-goodell.html

:unsure
Sounds totally impartial

p1_

DCC 4Life
Who does Goodell answer to? Who can fire him or criticize his performance?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And as long as they bend over and take it, he will remain.
The problem is even if a few owners have to take it up the poop shoot there probably more owners enjoying that fact. If the Cowboys get screwed there are going to be multiple teams enjoying it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And as long as they bend over and take it, he will remain.
All they really care about from Goodell is if he's helping them make money. If their profitability goes down they'll care. I doubt this PR stuff moves the needle much unless it starts to affect the bottom line.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom