Guys... Patience

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's the coaches, it's always been the coaches. Every fucking QB that comes into Dallas turns into a shitty checkdown charlie. This will never work without a new head coach and coordinator.
Romo was not check down Charlie by any stretch of the imagination.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Romo was responsible.
And/or Sanchez.

It's stunningly retarded how they've ignored the opportunities to surround Dak with veterans that could help him the past two years.

The coaches couldn't recognize what makes a player successful if it was clapping right in front of their face.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He means all the loser QBs with no talent became check down charlies.

~looks at Dak~

Yep, about right.
It's amazing how other teams don't seem to struggle with QBs the way we do. It's almost like having a NFL quality head coach matters.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's amazing how other teams don't seem to struggle with QBs the way we do. It's almost like having a NFL quality head coach matters.
Of course having a quality head coach matters, but you are overselling our struggles at producing QBs, versus how other teams produce QBs.

Yeah, Brandon Weeden goes out and wins one whole game in Houston after going 0-3 here, and then vanishes from the league and is never heard from again. It's not like there is some laundry list of QBs that we've mismanaged here that go on to have stellar careers or even highly accomplished backup careers elsewhere. The guy was straight trash and it's evidenced by the fact that no one else wanted him and he was out of the league the very year after sucking the place up here in Dallas. Not exactly a shock that we went 0-3 with him.

Guys like Weeden, Cassell, Sanchez, and Moore, for all of them, their Dallas seasons were their last stops in the league, with the exception of Cassell, who has done nothing of note in Tennessee either.

So I must be missing this amazing amount of evidence that we are squandering QB talent. It looks to me like our GM is only getting shitty QBs at the end of their NFL usefulness.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Of course having a quality head coach matters, but you are overselling our struggles at producing QBs, versus how other teams produce QBs.

Yeah, Brandon Weeden goes out and wins one whole game in Houston after going 0-3 here, and then vanishes from the league and is never heard from again. It's not like there is some laundry list of QBs that we've mismanaged here that go on to have stellar careers or even highly accomplished backup careers elsewhere. The guy was straight trash and it's evidenced by the fact that no one else wanted him and he was out of the league the very year after sucking the place up here in Dallas. Not exactly a shock that we went 0-3 with him.

Guys like Weeden, Cassell, Sanchez, and Moore, for all of them, their Dallas seasons were their last stops in the league, with the exception of Cassell, who has done nothing of note in Tennessee either.

So I must be missing this amazing amount of evidence that we are squandering QB talent. It looks to me like our GM is only getting shitty QBs at the end of their NFL usefulness.
I'm not sure if you're just that dumb or if you really didn't watch the game last night. You do know Weeden is the Texans #2 QB right? They were literally talking about how he would come in if Watson was hurt.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not sure if you're just that dumb or if you really didn't watch the game last night. You do know Weeden is the Texans #2 QB right? They were literally talking about how he would come in if Watson was hurt.
Hah, nope. I checked PFR and saw nothing since 2015. I watched the game with the sound off.

Still, point remains. The guy has not compiled any sort of record that indicates to me the Texans would be capable of keeping afloat if Watson went down.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Usually I'm against firing a head coach mid season. But fuck it, this shit pile needs to end now. Let Richard become intern head coach and see if he can do anything. At least he has the aggressive and fiery personality that Garrett and his cronies lack. They have absolutely no backbone. I'd rather play aggressive and lose then to watch this turd.
I'd love to see Richard get a shot at this. Look what he's done with our defense five games in. Same guys from last year but this unit is on it's way to being elite.
I really think this guy at least deserves a chance to show what he's got.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to see Richard get a shot at this. Look what he's done with our defense five games in. Same guys from last year but this unit is on it's way to being elite.
Not sure it would help the offense but we would at least be more aggressive. And maybe he would have some insight from the other side.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dak and only Dak can learn to deal with pressure. Until he gets past that he will continue to throw like he is playing darts. Frankly I think the pressure of being the Dallas Cowboys Quarterback is still overwhelming him and the responsibility he feels from thinking he is supposed to be leader. You can see the strain in his face during each execution.
It’s too big for him

p1_

DCC 4Life
Sorry, that’s hilarious.

data

Forbes #1
We still need to give Garrett time to purge Wades players from the Roster and implement his Culture. Give him time to build the Roster with RKG’s, and I promise you, he will win Championships. Yes, plural.

Also, still 80% we get Adrian Peterson and we will sign Michael Huff just as soon as we get this lockout resolved. Not guessing.

Man she loved that fern.

Back to the shadows I go.
Dont know about you guys, but I saw a certain #94 on the field yesterday. Guaranteed that he’s a lost soul without Garrett’s influence. That’s what it’s all about.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We still need to give Garrett time to purge Wades players from the Roster and implement his Culture. Give him time to build the Roster with RKG’s, and I promise you, he will win Championships. Yes, plural.

Also, still 80% we get Adrian Peterson and we will sign Michael Huff just as soon as we get this lockout resolved. Not guessing.

Man she loved that fern.

Back to the shadows I go.
I shall follow you everywhere you go, my liege.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I have not seen anything in games 3-5 to make me believe that Richard is anything other than average.

Top Bottom