Grimaldi: Cowboys will be tested but have depth to survive Gerald McCoy injury

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Granted it's a new coaching staff but I'm assuming they did their homework on the players on the roster. And the front office decision makers are all the same.

So when I see the team sign two major FA DTs plus draft another one with a premium pick, that says a lot to me about how they feel about their 2nd round pick from a year ago.

I hope he proves everyone wrong but I'm certainly not going to get my hopes up.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There is a reason we have camp fodder every year. Jesus.
This seems like a coach discretion type thing, choosing who to use in seemingly innocuous drills.

It's unfortunate but I don't think there is any blame to be assigned.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This seems like a coach discretion type thing, choosing who to use in seemingly innocuous drills.

It's unfortunate but I don't think there is any blame to be assigned.
Maybe toward Woods . How do you screw a drill up to where you hurt a centerpiece of your line ?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Maybe toward Woods . How do you screw a drill up to where you hurt a centerpiece of your line ?
I don't think there is any blame to be assigned to anyone. It doesn't seem like a hugely risky drill. You have to get these guys into the flow. What, McCarthy is supposed to keep all these guys in bubble wrap until the games start? What about hitting and tackling drills? Those are way more contact intense.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Cold blooded.
So what? This was an injury they were concerned about? Was it a recurring thing for him?

I don't get this at all, did they think there was no need for him past this season? He had a 3 year deal.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Told you this was probably just a matter of time, guys don't normally pop muscles and go out for the year on that type of innocuous stuff. The quad was clearly a ticking time bomb.

With that said, I'd imagine this is mostly cap manipulation with the intent to resign him next year.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Cold blooded.
Why? It's a business, and it looks like they prepared for it happening with the way the contract was written.

Why is it cold blooded now, but every other time it's Jerry being too F'n soft and coddling his players?

He gets 3 million for a couple practices? Not bad. And if he comes back healthy, he's a FA and can sign where he wants.

And I haven't seen any details, but I would bet this frees money up on this years cap. Maybe they are thinking of signing a replacement...?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Told you this was probably just a matter of time, guys don't normally pop muscles and go out for the year on that type of innocuous stuff. The quad was clearly a ticking time bomb.

With that said, I'd imagine this is mostly cap manipulation with the intent to resign him next year.
Flat out, props.

You called it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why? It's a business, and it looks like they prepared for it happening with the way the contract was written.

Why is it cold blooded now, but every other time it's Jerry being too F'n soft and coddling his players?

He gets 3 million for a couple practices? Not bad. And if he comes back healthy, he's a FA and can sign where he wants.

And I haven't seen any details, but I would bet this frees money up on this years cap. Maybe they are thinking of signing a replacement...?
I posted that operating off of the McCoy statement and the McCarthy follow up.

Given what I have seen, this was a business decision. And pretty smart in fact.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Irving is a colossal asshole who flat out quit on us but maybe he'd respond better to McCarthy. He's great ... when he wants to be.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Stephen Jones issued a statement saying they basically will be looking to re-sign him again in the offseason. Whether that’s sugarcoating or whether this is a wink wink nudge nudge seal, who knows.

Top Bottom