Gosselin: Hold your breath, Cowboys fans; defense is out of gas

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Goose hit the nail on the head with this. Wow.

The second half of the Giants game left them spent.

Unless Murray can get going again, Chicago is going to be a track meet.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That Thanksgiving game was one where Melton could have won me over, Crawford was the only guy that looked really good on that DL. If Melton wants to come back, right now I don't want him at that price, he'd have to restructure and come back at a lower salary than he's up for in 2015.
I am starting to lean that way myself. I think Crawford could slide to the 3 and then we could actually put a 1 next to him. Maybe Brent will get us through this season, but size at DT needs to be added.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
No pressure on the QB. McCoy and Sanchez had all day to throw the ball....so will Cutler and anyone else we go up against.

RB's either get stopped for 1-2 yards or rip off a 15 yard run.

No true playmakers on the D side of the ball. When you need a big play, theres just no one there to step up and make it.

As I said elsewhere here....the D sucks and is not decent enough to allow the Cowboys offense an off day where scoring 14-20 points can win the game.

The one thing that might break open a game...ST's...is basically non existent too.

This team is going nowhere.

p1_

DCC 4Life
No pressure on the QB. McCoy and Sanchez had all day to throw the ball....so will Cutler and anyone else we go up against.

RB's either get stopped for 1-2 yards or rip off a 15 yard run.

No true playmakers on the D side of the ball. When you need a big play, theres just no one there to step up and make it.

As I said elsewhere here....the D sucks and is not decent enough to allow the Cowboys offense an off day where scoring 14-20 points can win the game.

The one thing that might break open a game...ST's...is basically non existent too.

This team is going nowhere.
and it's not like last year when we had so many injuries and were rotating street jags in and out of the lineup.

This fucking D is healthy.

Sadly, it also is just plain talent - challenged.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I guess some just can't see whats being built here, in another 4 years Garrett will have the defense just as much of a juggernaut as our offense :art

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
and it's not like last year when we had so many injuries and were rotating street jags in and out of the lineup.

This fucking D is healthy.

Sadly, it also is just plain talent - challenged.
Scheming only gets you so far. This team is reminding me of the 1985 team that played a 4-0 defense with four down linemen and seven defensive backs. It was a gimmick but it worked really well until the Bengals just blew it the fuck up.

The Eagles have exposed our defense as one overdependent on substitutions and unable to respond to even simple misdirection when it is used several times. Their OT's completely neutralized our defensive ends to a silly degree.

Granted the Eagles' OT's are very good by comparison to other teams, but it doesn't matter since we still have to play the Eagles again (and maybe a third time, should we be fortunate enough to actually make the playoffs).

The Bears can throw the football. Indy lives on throwing the football. Neither are as effective as Philly running the ball, but they can still destroy this defense.

Unless the offense gets off it's ass and gets back to playing balanced football again. We need to run almost as much as we pass and we need to pass to backs, TE's and WR's-- not just WRs and not just checkdowns. This offense only thrives when Tony Romo spreads the ball around.

Gavin Escobar got 0 catches... again, and it's no coincidence that we lost that game... again.

Top Bottom