George: Cowboys have serious interest in Chicago Bears free agent DT Henry Melton

Carp

DCC 4Life
He won't make it out of Dallas...Marinelli has spoken.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He won't make it out of Dallas...Marinelli has spoken.
I tell you what, this guy is hailed right now as a hobbling DL whisperer who can do no wrong.

He's handpicking this line, so if it fails, it will be hilarious to see how quick the fanbase turns on him after canonization.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mincey too...so our DL is close to being mmm mmm good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Whoa.

The "Marinelli Factor".

Yeah, never seen players gravitate to where ex-coaches were before. Never. Ever.

D

Deuce

Whoa.

The "Marinelli Factor".

Yeah, never seen players gravitate to where ex-coaches were before. Never. Ever.
Parcells?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

p1_

DCC 4Life
I tell you what, this guy is hailed right now as a hobbling DL whisperer who can do no wrong.

He's handpicking this line, so if it fails, it will be hilarious to see how quick the fanbase turns on him after canonization.

The line was beyond decimated last year, and he managed to cobble that shit together pretty good week after week, injury after injury. That sort of performance might be overblown and no true indicator, but there it is.

Im thinking that performance over a season should be indicative of his skill at least with that unit.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Henry Melton leaves Seattle for Dallas Cowboys visit
By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer

After losing out to the Packers on Julius Peppers, the Dallas Cowboys got a last-minute reprieve in their pursuit of Henry Melton.

The former Chicago Bears defensive tackle made it to Dallas for his visit with the Cowboys this week, a person informed of his plans told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport on Sunday.

Rapoport had previously reported that Melton's visit was up in the air, as his camp was "deep in negotiations" with the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday night.

Melton is from suburban Dallas and has heavy ties to the Cowboys' defensive coaching staff. Perhaps he wasn't prepared to sign with Seattle before giving his hometown team a fair shot.

With Peppers, DeMarcus Ware and Jason Hatcher out of the picture, the pressure is on Jerry Jones' staff to sign Melton and fill one of the biggest voids remaining in free agency.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Melton is from suburban Dallas and has heavy ties to the Cowboys' defensive coaching staff. Perhaps he wasn't prepared to sign with Seattle before giving his hometown team a fair shot.
HAI GUYZ SINCE HE LOVES TEH COACH AND IS FROM DALLUZ< YOUTINK HE GIVES A "HoMETWON DISCounTZ? :dunce

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Rod had a shit DL that played like shit. I fail to see what 'magic' he worked with it.

I guess without him they would have put their helmets on backwards or something.

D

Deuce

Rod had a shit DL that played like shit. I fail to see what 'magic' he worked with it.

I guess without him they would have put their helmets on backwards or something.
He gets credit for Selvie putting in a solid season. But he also gets the blame for not getting Hayden or a backup to fill that spot and be better than the worst DT in football.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He also was in Chicago working his magic with guys like Jarron Gilbert.

If you recall, he was the dude who JUMPEDED OUT OF TEH POOL.

Yeah, that guy.

His line in Chicago was so good, the Bears had to pay out the ass to get Peppers to actually make it decent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He gets credit for Selvie putting in a solid season. But he also gets the blame for not getting Hayden or a backup to fill that spot and be better than the worst DT in football.
Selvie's solid season consisted of a few good games then settled back down to ordinary and ineffective once people figured out his name and prepared for him.

Hell, he's even being given credit for Hayden having a "solid" season. I mean, jeez...really? He sucked. His sole contribution was being the only player who stayed healthy.

If we are banking on Marinelli "coaching up" crap, it is destined to fail.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There were several times last season when this crapfest of a DL stepped up and made plays with an energy and coordination we haven't been used to seeing.

That's on Marinelli.

But the defense was bad over the long haul, and that's on Jerry.

So I think we're all interested to see what Marinelli can do with better talent and with the defense overall.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There were several times last season when this crapfest of a DL stepped up and made plays with an energy and coordination we haven't been used to seeing.

That's on Marinelli.
So he was better than Brian Baker. WGAS.

Top Bottom