Gehlken - DeMarvion Overshown Lost For The Season

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Top three picks looking real bad. Can’t believe we didn’t take someone on the Oline instead of poonmaker and Mazi.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Top three picks looking real bad. Can’t believe we didn’t take someone on the Oline instead of poonmaker and Mazi.
A lot of the time, an organization’s ability to self scout and determine needs fails. In this case, it did. Turd is fine. And would have been fine.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
A lot of the time, an organization’s ability to self scout and determine needs fails. In this case, it did. Turd is fine. And would have been fine.
Most of us here said the team didn’t need a TE high. They could have filled the OL need there. Could have taken another DT, a RB, or a LB and most of us wouldn’t have complained. I didn’t hate the Mazi pick and. I certainly hope he works out. We will see.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Anyways, back to Overshown...just think when he comes back next year, he will be like an extra third round pick.
Using that same line of logic. Tolbert's surprising emergence is like having an extra draft pick this year.

It helps make up for the underwhelming early results from the 2023 class.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Using that same line of logic. Tolbert's surprising emergence is like having an extra draft pick this year.

It helps make up for the underwhelming early results from the 2023 class.
Its nice, but last year left a bad taste for some folks re: Tolbert: step up or step off.

He looks to have figured some things out.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Most of us here said the team didn’t need a TE high. They could have filled the OL need there. Could have taken another DT, a RB, or a LB and most of us wouldn’t have complained. I didn’t hate the Mazi pick and. I certainly hope he works out. We will see.
Seems like if we were going to go DT in The first then we should have grabbed someone on the Oline. The TE may end up being solid but we had other guys that could play.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Its nice, but last year left a bad taste for some folks re: Tolbert: step up or step off.

He looks to have figured some things out.
That's what I'm saying. He's finally stepping up.

He was so much of a no-show last year that this legit feels like a red shirt season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol People are seriously overreacting to Mazi's first two preseason games. That position takes time to develop, and early days he's not going to match well vs most starting NFL OL.
I disagree.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Should probably look to add another depth piece at LB but Bell might be our true 3rd LB at this point.

This is also why I don't mind just sitting all our starters, he popped his ACL on a completely innocuous play, how pissed would we be if that happened to someone we're actually relying on?
Hey Myles Jack is on the market.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Should probably look to add another depth piece at LB but Bell might be our true 3rd LB at this point.

This is also why I don't mind just sitting all our starters, he popped his ACL on a completely innocuous play, how pissed would we be if that happened to someone we're actually relying on?
It’s still mind blowing to see a guy blow out an ACL on a simplistic tackle like that.

ZeroClub

UFA
People probably have too high of expectations of rookies. Most take time to develop. NTs for example almost always need some time.
It wouldn't be surprising if the smaller number of padded practices slows the development of NTs.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I disagree.
So what 1/NT last dominated their first two exposures to NFL football?

Watching him vs the second tier you can see the natural talent differential and he also has some good plays vs starters.

Bottom line is he is not the prospect Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis were. He could get close, but he’s just not them.

But he can be the guy to help keep assholes off of Micah Parsons, LVE, and Sam Williams

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do in a real game.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
This sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do in a real game.
Yeah, me too. Im heartbroken for him. It has been so long since i felt good about any prospect from UT. He will be back though. Hopefully his recovery goes well, and he will take the time to study the NFL offenses.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So what 1/NT last dominated their first two exposures to NFL football?

Watching him vs the second tier you can see the natural talent differential and he also has some good plays vs starters.

Bottom line is he is not the prospect Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis were. He could get close, but he’s just not them.

But he can be the guy to help keep assholes off of Micah Parsons, LVE, and Sam Williams
Who the hell is asking him to dominate? I would be happy as shit if Taco Mazi would just win single matchups against schlubs when he gets them. Until he shows he can win those battles, why bother doubling him? Because everyone says he is strong and stuff?

Top Bottom