p1_

DCC 4Life

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
reminds me when Parcells did something similar

I'd like him better than the OU coach

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Is anyone actually rooting for a home loss to the god damned Eagles?

If so, just quit pro football for a while.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I agree. What’s the point of being a fan and hoping for a loss for the team over an agenda that only team management can address. Yes I know the reason for this position but it’s still an oxymoron to declare yourself a fan then hope they fail.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Well being a fan of a team led by Jerry Jones maybe we should have quit long ago.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I agree. What’s the point of being a fan and hoping for a loss for the team over an agenda that only team management can address. Yes I know the reason for this position but it’s still an oxymoron to declare yourself a fan then hope they fail.
It doesn't make them any less a fan than anybody else.

For me I know they are going to lose so I dont have to root for it. I will just wait for the outcome and see how long it takes to break Jerry. He has talked so much about the investment I would find it funny to see what he does of they lose big.

midswat

... soon

Fly Eagles Fly

Ill be rooting for them just like I was when they were in the Super Bowl vs the patriots.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
You root for a loss BECAUSE you're a fan. And not just a loss, a humiliating loss. The choice is more of the same 20-plus years of futility versus enough of a shock so that maybe, just maybe, Jerry figures it's time for a change. A win against the Beagles just perpetuates the same futile mediocrity.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Meyer has a stronger chance than say Lincoln Riley does.

And I would probably be okay with the guy. We have a ton of OSU players he should know how to use.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Urban Meyer discusses Lincoln Riley-Dallas Cowboys speculation

BySam Marsdale 14 hours ago

Lincoln Riley as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys? Colin Cowherd mentioned that he thinks that will be the case one day earlier this week.

Today, Cowherd brought on a prominent guest in Urban Meyer, who shed his light on Cowherd's remarks and even said if he'd have answered the phone if the Cowboys game calling.

"Pure speculation, because I know him, but I dont know him like that," Meyer said when asked if he thinks Riley would ever leave for the Cowboys. "That's the one. That's New York Yankees -- the Dallas Cowboys -- that's the one. Great city, and you've got Dak Prescott, you've got Zeke Elliott, that's a loaded team.

"I can't speak for him obviously. I hate to even speculate because I don't know him and that isn't fair. But to me, that's the one job in professional football where you kind of say "You got to go to that".

When asked about whether he would consider an offer from the Cowboys while he was at Ohio State, Meyer said "Sure, absolutely. That one? Yes."

Garrett, who has lost three straight this season after a 3-0 start, is in the final year of his contract and doesn't appear to be the long-term option for the reigning NFC East champions.

According to Cowherd, it's only a matter of time before Riley departs for the NFL.

"I know who Jerry's next coach is when he decides to hire him, maybe this year or maybe two years down the road and it's Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma," Cowherd said on Wednesday. "There's two reasons why I think Riley will accept it hen Jerry offers. There's two things happening to think about, No. 1, he made Baker Mayfield into a star. Jalen Hurts was benched at Alabama, he's a star. Kyler Murray was a baseball guy over a football guy and made him into a star. Dak Prescott, that'd be a pretty good fit now wouldn't it? Quarterback who needs another level.

"Secondly, there's a major burnout factor happening in college football for coaches. It used to be there was a national letter of intent day on Feb. 5. Now, there's two signing dates meaning college football recruiting is a non-stop job. It used to be you had time off. There were times you didn't recruit and there were big gaps in it. And the feeling was college football life as a coach was better than an NFL life."

Cowherd said a move to the NFL would be less headache for Riley, who has to reconfigure his Air Raid offense annually with a new quarterback.

"The third factor is Lincoln Riley has had four quarterbacks by next year in four years," Cowherd said. "This wacky transfer portal thing empowers the kid. I get it, I'm for it, but it has made the quarterback position ... if daddy's not happy and you're not starting, kids are you're out. It's a non-stop, psycho therapy sessions for these college coaches."

Jones has already set precedent for hiring high-profile college coaches and has found success doing so, Cowherd says.

"He hired Jimmy Johnson, no NFL experience, won two Super Bowls," Cowherd said. "He went and (got) Barry Switzer. Won a Super Bowl."

Riley has been asked at length over the past year about his potential jump to the NFL and it's always the same answer "no thanks. In fact, Riley said he wouldn't be surprised if he was "a college lifer" in February.

"I certainly wasn't tempted (to leave for the NFL) at all this year," Riley told Pro Football Talk's Peter King.

"I might've been tempted honestly had I not been at a place like Oklahoma. But this is one of the best jobs there is in football. Like I've said before, I'll never say never. I never want to promise things that I can't 1,000 percent guarantee. It's not something that really tempts me at all right now."

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Also, ironically, a FG would have won the game. Specifically, the one they passed up on fourth down inside the ten, and then the Jets came back with a 90 yard TD the next play.

Swap out those two plays and we win.
Well, you could also note that if officials hadn't stolen Witten's other TD with that bogus offensive PI call, we'd have also won the game.

The bottom line is we were playing an 0-4 team, it should have come down to 1 or 2 plays.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Now that we're all sufficiently beaten down and embracing a loss, they'll stick it in us with a win, book it!
It wont happen. This team is sunk.

We're getting smoked tomorrow night, and if Garrett stays HC the remainder of the year we will struggle to be 6-10.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

I already quit pro football, I pretty much only watch Dallas games.

Yes, I am rooting for an assbeating tomorrow night. I am sick of the same ol same ol with this team, and as long as Garrett remains HC nothing is going to change. he fucking sux, he's a fucking L O S E R.

I don't have much faith that simply naming Richard or Marinelli interim HC would dramatically impact the season, but at least it would be a step in the right direction with the dumbass owner FINALLY holding someone accountable by saying enough is enough with Garrett. Maybe Richard or Marinelli sparks some extra emotion from the players, and maybe the bye week helps some injured guys get a little healthier. They could still win the division even with a loss to Philly tomorrow night.

I've been a diehard fan of this team since 1975. I'd rather watch reruns of the 1-15 season than this fucking garbage. WE ALL KNOW HOW THIS PLAYS OUT WITH GARRETT, its the same fucking shit EVERY FUCKING YEAR.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Meyer is a proven winner, I just worry about his health issues and whether or not he could do this long term.

Health issues aside, he'd be the 2nd best coach Jones has ever hired the second the ink was dry on the contract. There's a lot of pieces in place here and with a few minor roster tweaks he could have this team seriously contending year one. Dan Mullen was Meyer's OC at Florida and Mullen was Prescott's coach at Miss St, Meyer would probably do wonders for Dak, and Elliott of course tore up the NCAA for two years under Meyer, which included those 3 straight 200+ yd games to carry OSU to the title.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You root for a loss BECAUSE you're a fan. And not just a loss, a humiliating loss. The choice is more of the same 20-plus years of futility versus enough of a shock so that maybe, just maybe, Jerry figures it's time for a change. A win against the Beagles just perpetuates the same futile mediocrity.
Read the definition of fan “Fanatic” then tell me that’s why you root for a loss. You are rationalizing when the very idea of a fan is irrationally structured.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Well being a fan of a team led by Jerry Jones maybe we should have quit long ago.
I think that since we will have to suffer Jerry, then its our right to root for garrett's firing, no matter if it means a loss to the Eagles. It is for the greater good of the team and the fan.

Top Bottom