Garrett Thanksgiving Game On NFLN

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am sorry but those huge double star jerseys were tacky.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jurkovic was a fat fricking crybaby. I can't remember if it was this game or the NFCC where they finally took his damn knee out for good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kinda weird that there are several players on the field, coaches on the sideline (Avezzano) and Pat Summerall who are now dead.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Emmitt was such a slug. :lol

George Teague ran him down in the open field.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm glad I'm watching this game. It's been a while since I've sat down and watched it.

With my fuzzy memory I thought Garrett had a much bigger game than he's shown, but watching this game has reminded me that Garrett benefited from the great play of others around him.

There's been an awful lot of simple swing passes being taken for huge chunks of yards and a bunch of jump balls where Irvin and Harper are using their superior skills to make the play on 50/50 balls.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Emmitt has more rushing yards on Thanksgiving than the current Cowboy RBs can get in a full season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm glad I'm watching this game. It's been a while since I've sat down and watch it.

With my fuzzy memory I thought Garrett had a much bigger game than he's shown, but watching this game has reminded me that Garrett benefited from the great play of others around him.

There's been an awful lot of simple swing passes being taken for huge chunks of yards and a bunch of jump balls where Irvin and Harper are using their superior skills to make the play on 50/50 balls.
Favre really got a case of the yips and for some reason Holmgren went into a playcalling shell in the second half. Sharpe was killing us in the first half and then poof.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Emmitt has more rushing yards on Thanksgiving than the current Cowboy RBs can get in a full season.
When your back can get positive yards on a first down carry, it is amazing what it opens up for you.

Again, I still cannot for the fricking life of me get why both Jones and Garrett were around this for as long as they were and they just don't value the OL.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I've said for years that the NFL Network doesn't show nearly enough of these "Classic Games" with original broadcast.

They should be showing 2 or 3 of these on Sunday as well.

Too many of those pointless "Top 10" lists are dominating their programming.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I've said for years that the NFL Network doesn't show nearly enough of these "Classic Games" with original broadcast.

They should be showing 2 or 3 of these on Sunday as well.

Too many of those pointless "Top 10" lists are dominating their programming.
No kidding.

But they even get stupid with the Classic Games.

Next week is the Brett Favre Dead Deddy Bowl.

A no-contest game all about one player versus thousands of other great historical contests to choose from.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I had an Irvin double star jersey and I don't like the jerseys much either.

"Still got ya, though." /salesman wink

Lotuseater

Banned
No kidding.

But they even get stupid with the Classic Games.

Next week is the Brett Favre Dead Deddy Bowl.

A no-contest game all about one player versus thousands of other great historical contests to choose from.

I think favre is one of those players who's legend will grow quite beyond what his true ability was. People will speak of him with awe in a few years and I'll be all like "meh".

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Jurkovic was a fat fricking crybaby. I can't remember if it was this game or the NFCC where they finally took his damn knee out for good.
I hated that guy so much back then. Comical now because he's such an afterthought/footnote.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They got the ball back after a turnover on downs with 2:32 left and just jammed it down the Packers' throats running it.

If that happened now, Red Pube would call a three passes, run off :15 seconds and ice his own punter.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I hated that guy so much back then. Comical now because he's such an afterthought/footnote.
He and that pencil-necked Merton Hanks are in the top 5 most hated by players for me.

Top Bottom