Garrett: Rushing Success Affected Romo’s Rhythm

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Agreed. Romo had a very Aikman like day stats wise. Those Cowboys teams won a bunch of games that way. That was a dominating win over Tenn. But I guess that doesn't make media headlines and cause clicks on a webpage. So let's make a story about how Garrett "said" Romo needs to throw more.....
Yeah, nevermind the fact that Garrett actually DID say that not throwing enough put Romo's rhythm out of whack.

Damn evil media. Making Garrett say stuff and shit.

hstour

Brand New Member
Yeah, nevermind the fact that Garrett actually DID say that not throwing enough put Romo's rhythm out of whack.

Damn evil media. Making Garrett say stuff and shit.
Try reading what I ACTUALLY stated.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I've long thought that Romo is kind of like a basketball player and needs his "shots" or pass attempts to find a rhythm. You can almost feel it sometimes when he isn't in rhythm and then once he makes a few plays he catches fire and plays well. I also think this is why he sometimes makes what looks like completely bonehead decisions, because so much of what he does is based on instinct/feel.
That's basically what I meant above. When he starts off cold at the start of the game, it takes him awhile to get into gear and he's been that way since he's been the starter. That Niner game wasn't the first time he had trouble getting started but it was definitely one of the worst.

I think the key is finding some kind of balance at the beginning of a game. Get the running game going but get Romo his shots. I don't mean come out gunslinging but give him a few quick looks to get him going then maintain the balance when possible.

I dunno. Regardless, I think he's at the stage of his career, especially considering his health, that he's taken us as far as he is going to take us. 2007(F you Crayton) then 2009 were our best shots at a title with Romo at the helm. It's been all downhill since then and I think he's done by 2016.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's basically what I meant above. When he starts off cold at the start of the game, it takes him awhile to get into gear and he's been that way since he's been the starter. That Niner game wasn't the first time he had trouble getting started but it was definitely one of the worst.

I think the key is finding some kind of balance at the beginning of a game. Get the running game going but get Romo his shots. I don't mean come out gunslinging but give him a few quick looks to get him going then maintain the balance when possible.

I dunno. Regardless, I think he's at the stage of his career, especially considering his health, that he's taken us as far as he is going to take us. 2007(F you Crayton) then 2009 were our best shots at a title with Romo at the helm. It's been all downhill since then and I think he's done by 2016.
Back when Romo was 100% the formula for success was to come out passing, build a lead, then run the ball to protect it. Thanks to Garrett, we didn't follow that formula and failed to protect enough leads to get the team over the hump.

Now that Romo is limited, you probably have to come out running and hope that he has just enough in the tank to create a little off play action and convert a few third downs to keep the offense on the field.

Top Bottom