Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys v. Cardinals | - 8/17/13

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He threw for 300 yards in a final preseason game against Miami, but I think he only had one TD.

It was against scrubs and he didn't really look great in that game. The guy's motion was awkward and you could see it even in a good game.
He also had a game where he threw 3 TDs.

Not bringing this up to say how great McGee is, but I'm just saying, lets see Tanney do something like that before we start saying how he should be on the roster. The guy was sharp for a quarter and a half but also threw the game-losing INT. You can find guys of that caliber literally all over the league. I'm just not concerned about losing him yet.

He has potential, but its not very likely he gets picked up based off of that performance.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He also had a game where he threw 3 TDs.

Not bringing this up to say how great McGee is, but I'm just saying, lets see Tanney do something like that before we start saying how he should be on the roster. The guy was sharp for a quarter and a half but also threw the game-losing INT. You can find guys of that caliber literally all over the league. I'm just not concerned about losing him yet.

He has potential, but its not very likely he gets picked up based off of that performance.
I indicated to you two seasons ago that McGee didn't have the tools and background to make it in The NFL.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I indicated to you two seasons ago that McGee didn't have the tools and background to make it in The NFL.
Props... I was not ready to throw in the towel on him. I wasn't exactly saying he was a lock, though.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If we are giving out props for being on the anti-mcGee bandwagon we could be here a while. That said I was one of the first on that bandwagon. Never liked the guy.

Btw, McGee's big stat preseason game came because he played the entire game so you can't really compare that as apples to apples with Tanney, who only played a half. Double Tanney's stats from the other day and I bet you'd see comparable numbers. The thing beyond the numbers though is even when McGee put up a little bit of preseason numbers you could see he struggled getting the ball downfield and I wouldn't really say that about Tanney.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
At the time McGee was one of the only picks I liked from the 2009 draft, but I hadn't realized how much work the guy needed and the limitations of his arm. I was mainly happy the team had actually drafted a QB.

Tanney played well Saturday, but as it's been mentioned a few times now he played against crappy competition all while his first team OL blocked for him. I can't see him making the active roster and there's a better than 50% chance he'll clear waivers and make the PS if we wait for the last round of cuts before releasing him.

Top Bottom