Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Redskins | Week 2 | 09-18-16

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I know everybody wants to rag on the defense but what they did from the onside kick onward was pretty great.

0 points in the 4th quarter when they could have cracked several times.

Pass rush was cringe worthy at times, DB play in the red zone was stellar.
It was definitely a combination of playing well and getting lots of help from Washington. Most of the game Washington had WR's wide open, TE's wide open across the middle and Cousins had all day to throw. Thankfully Cousins was off most of the day and they kept insisting on running fade routes in the endzone. But Carr, Jones and Mo did have some nice coverage at those times. I'd like to think we turned a corner, but I think a better QB will light us up with all the receivers/TE's being wide open most of the day.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Heres hoping Elliot isn't another poster child for why not to draft a RB at the top of the boards.
I was on board with taking Zeke only because Wentz was already gone and the other top prospects didn't seem worthy of a top 5 pick. Also our alternative would've been Ramsey.

But, as good as A. Morris has been it may have been better to go with Ramsey or Buckner at 4 instead of Zeke. But hopefully Elliot will end up being a dominant RB and we won't regret it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It was definitely a combination of playing well and getting lots of help from Washington. Most of the game Washington had WR's wide open, TE's wide open across the middle and Cousins had all day to throw. Thankfully Cousins was off most of the day and they kept insisting on running fade routes in the endzone. But Carr, Jones and Mo did have some nice coverage at those times. I'd like to think we turned a corner, but I think a better QB will light us up with all the receivers/TE's being wide open most of the day.
That's a good point, they got a LOT of help from Cousins.

dallen

Senior Tech
I was on board with taking Zeke only because Wentz was already gone and the other top prospects didn't seem worthy of a top 5 pick. Also our alternative would've been Ramsey.

But, as good as A. Morris has been it may have been better to go with Ramsey or Buckner at 4 instead of Zeke. But hopefully Elliot will end up being a dominant RB and we won't regret it.
I probably said it a dozen times leading into the draft, but this was a terrible year to have the #4 pick. I thought the only guys worthy of a top 5 pick were Goff, Wentz, and Tunsil. But it is hard to fault us for not taking Tunsil even though he fell given the situation and our heavy investment in the oline already. I wish the team was being a little more patient with Zeke when it is obvious he is still learning how to run in this offense. Unless he ends up an All Pro it is always going to seem like a bit of a reach, but if no one was offering us a decent trade down he was still probably the smart pick. It would be really nice to have Buckner right now though

Top Bottom