Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 6 | Cowboys at Jets | 10/13/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They haven't been vs the run (except for our games and week one vs the awful Bears offense with a pass happy idiot HC) and they were awful vs Philly, and for a lot of the game vs Detroit they weren't very good.
Just shows that when you know a team wants to run all over you that you can scheme to stop it. But then again most offenses can recognize that and adjust. Ours just keeps banging its head against a brick wall.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Red Turd shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Sean Payton.
I'm not saying they are anything close to equal.

If Payton came here the results would be dramatically different, trying to argue otherwise is just retarded.
You don't know that. The Saints are not an untalented team and yet they are not compiling Super Bowl after Super Bowl. Dallas has Jerry stink all over it. Any coach here is getting a negative factor applied to their talents.

I'm not saying a Payton tenure would be "no better' than Garrett. Just that I wouldn't be surprised if Payton's tenure would end up being looked at as a disappointment. I also don't forget about how everyone hated him when he actually was here.

You say "talent has to play on Sundays", talent has to be COACHED to have success, and that's why we fail every year.
A ridiculous oversimplification which is the reason these endless Garrett debates have to happen again and again. No, that's not why we fail "every year."

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You've said this before but it's not true. There were a lot of people who really liked him. Myself included.
I don't recall "a lot." I remember most people shitting on him and being at best ambivalent when he left for the Saints.

But yea, not "everyone" hated him. I was another who liked Payton and was hoping he might take over for Parcells.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You've said this before but it's not true. There were a lot of people who really liked him. Myself included.
I don't remember anyone hating him. If anything, we weren't even sure how much say he said. We all knew Parcells had a very heavy hand on everything the coordinators did.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't remember anyone hating him. If anything, we weren't even sure how much say he said. We all knew Parcells had a very heavy hand on everything the coordinators did.
I'm sure some bitched about play calls but that's par for the course with every coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom