Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 3 | Dolphins @ Cowboys | 09/22/19

lostxn

DCC 4Life
If the early 1990s Cowboys OL was 10/10, how does this year's unit stack up?

I say they're 7.5
Well the Cowboys OL in the 90s was huge compared to the DLs they were going against. Today's line is much, much bigger. So if you took these guys back to the 90s we would have wiped the field with teams. But, comparing relative strength to relative strength I'd day 9/10.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Todays OL is probably better pass protectors as a whole, most don't remember but Aikman took some huge shots on almost a weekly basis.

The run blocking was far more dominant, especially late in games. That team could really wear an opposing defense down. I don't feel like our OL ever truly wears a defense down even in games where Zeke gets 120+

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Todays OL is probably better pass protectors as a whole, most don't remember but Aikman took some huge shots on almost a weekly basis.

The run blocking was far more dominant, especially late in games. That team could really wear an opposing defense down. I don't feel like our OL ever truly wears a defense down even in games where Zeke gets 120+
Except the game they literally just played.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
The Bears I don't think are that good either. Pretty sure we would beat them pretty solidly.
The Bears do have an outstanding defense. Offensively they are challenged though.

They will blow out almost any team that has a lot of turnovers against them but if they don't get the turnovers and negative plays, they'll struggle to win badly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have to admit, if my top-five QB got intercepted by Josh Norman in a blowout, I might think he sucks.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
you said ever. :unsure
That last drive we had was 5 plays for 60 yds in less than 2:00 mins. The drive before that was 10 plays but even it was under 5 minutes.

I was thinking more about all the times we'd have a 7-10 pt lead in the 4th qtr and see a 14 play 80 yd drive that lasted 7 or 8 minutes. Teams knew we were going to bludgeon them and couldn't do anything about it. The short yardage/goalline running game was also far more physical.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I so want the Skins to come back on these shitbirds.
Why? You dislike Trubisky that much? I prefer seeing the skins lose all hope

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah I think I kind of do. Also, it would make our strength of schedule look a little better.
Meh..I still prefer to crush what little hope the skins had.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:rofl

Top Bottom