Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 3 | Dolphins @ Cowboys | 09/22/19

data

Forbes #1
I look forward to the consecutive-3-game stats coming out about team records for points scored, margin of victory, QB rating and offensive yards gained.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like Kellen Moore knows 2nd half adjustments.

Then updated:

That gif of him looking at the playbook and wanting to throw it away is priceless.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He has a point, but they didn't look great for 30 minutes today at all.

Yeah they fell into a funk for a bit but it was good to see it didn't last.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Browns continue to shoot themselves in the foot with penalties.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The entire Browns starting secondary is out but the backups are seasoned vets so I don't expect them to be raped too badly. But there is definitely a talent drop off.

I think they'll do enough to shut down Woods or Kupp but not both. One of them is should be able to feast on that depleted secondary.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yeah they fell into a funk for a bit but it was good to see it didn't last.
I just want to know why it takes until halftime to make adjustments. Is this team incapable of adjusting on the fly?

You can get away with pissing away half the game against trash teams like the Dolphins, but in the playoffs that shit will probably cost you your season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im not excusing it but things seldom happen the way they always go. They (miami OL) played better in the first half but not in the second half. It will continue to be a problem until they quit with this position flex crap, imo. Get Marinelli out the door and maybe they can change that.
Miami used a lot of max protect and we stuck with zone coverage in the first half. It led to good protection and a lot of our defenders guarding no one. We adjusted in the second half and started bringing pressure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just want to know why it takes until halftime to make adjustments. Is this team incapable of adjusting on the fly?

You can get away with pissing away half the game against trash teams like the Dolphins, but in the playoffs that shit will probably cost you your season.
Yeah although I think the Dolphins were clearly a wild card. We had no idea what they would do with new coaches and a new QB.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Jourdan Lewis is funny.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Bucs miss a 34-yarder as time expires and lose by 1.

:lol

I guess the Bucs should've run for another 3 yard gain instead of having Winston down the ball on the other hashmark on the prior play.
That kicker will be gone by Tuesday morning.

That SOB missed two XPs plus that potential game winner from 34 yards.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Wut

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Wut
Hmm, so apparently Dallas coaches don’t have the monopoly on ridiculous end game management.

data

Forbes #1

Wut
Would still prefer over Garrett

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He has a point, but they didn't look great for 30 minutes today at all.

The first half was a bit frustrating, but, this is the NFL. The Dolphins were 0-2 and probably came out with all the pride they could muster. Meanwhile, I’m sorry, but I do think Dallas was probably slightly looking past them, because how could you not? Especially after going up 10-0, I bet they were already getting set to pack it in.

Took a halftime of refocusing before getting it together.

A reminder that the NFL is hard, but of course, also that no team is perfect.

I’ll just about always take a 23 point win though.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
The first half was a bit frustrating, but, this is the NFL. The Dolphins were 0-2 and probably came out with all the pride they could muster. Meanwhile, I’m sorry, but I do think Dallas was probably slightly looking past them, because how could you not? Especially after going up 10-0, I bet they were already getting set to pack it in.

Took a halftime of refocusing before getting it together.

A reminder that the NFL is hard, but of course, also that no team is perfect.

I’ll just about always take a 23 point win though.
25 point win. :towel

I don't really care about covering the spread. We're a team that can attack vertically or control the clock. I'm fine with doing the latter as long as it results in a win. Our last score I don't think the coaches were trying to do anything but run down the clock but the Fins D was shattered at that point and couldn't stop our runners.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jourdan Lewis is funny.

That's pretty awesome.

data

Forbes #1
To put this in perspective, that’ll be the last time Taco sees Cowboys Stadium in his life, unless another team picks him up. He’ll be dead before he comes back the next time as a Dolphin.

Good luck in your life, young man.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He wasn't here when we drafted Taco. And he said himself he wanted Hill.

Its been reported for a year now. He is running the defense and calling the plays, he built all the coverages and he coaches the DB's, who cant make a play to save their life.

He's fucking awful.
We let up 6 points today.

I’m also frustrated that we seem incapable of getting an interception (how many near INTs today? Like 4) and our pass rush seems to be stuck in first gear, but it’s tough to say that it’s going “awful,” right now.

Top Bottom