Game Day Chatter Thread - Week 11 | Bye Week| 11/17/2013

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Seahawks remind of the 1990s Cowboys. Sometimes games would be surprising early but they'd be on top, big, at the end.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Gotta love how the Saints are pissing this game away against SF a week after having a career night against us. 3 to's handing the 49ers 17 pts and then can't convert after having 1st and goal. Typical.

data

Forbes #1
Oh well.

Eagles and Giants win. You people that like to watch the world burn got your wish.
:lol

At 5-5 following 17 years with 1 playoff win, the world was already burning.

We're the ones hoping for the fire to stop so rebuilding can start.

Continuing to 'contend' for the playoffs is only fueling the fire to rage on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Gotta love how the Saints are pissing this game away against SF a week after having a career night against us. 3 to's handing the 49ers 17 pts and then can't convert after having 1st and goal. Typical.
I just don't think the Cowboys are physical.

Bash someone in the mouth, they don't get so tricky.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
A lot of fans are actually still clinging to that notion.
Well, I guess I was mainly meaning here at this site. I already know about the idiot fans that we have.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

At 5-5 following 17 years with 1 playoff win, the world was already burning.

We're the ones hoping for the fire to stop so rebuilding can start.

Continuing to 'contend' for the playoffs is only fueling the fire to rage on.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Unlike the Cowboys the 49ers can actually play pretty good defense.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Unlike the Cowboys the 49ers can actually play pretty good defense.
No kidding but that's isn't the issue. They are just sucking out loud today. Muffing a punt inside their own 15 and fumbling an int out of the endzone has nothing to do with SF's defense.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I just don't think the Cowboys are physical.

Bash someone in the mouth, they don't get so tricky.
I was about to respond with a similar comment.

A part of me thinks playing the Cowboys was bad for the Saints prior to this 49ers game. The Cowboys didn't put up a fight and the Saints didn't have to work hard at all. The intensity that you typically see from a Saints team playing in New Orleans is missing.

data

Forbes #1
If I were to have a kid right now, 90% positive I'd actively make sure he didn't grow up to be a Cowboys fan.

1bigfan13

Staff member
If I were to have a kid right now, 90% positive I'd actively make sure he didn't grow up to be a Cowboys fan.
That's the way to go. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Cowboys were somewhere in the middle of the pack in terms of fans between the ages of 15-30.

It's been close to 20 years since the team has been relevant. I'm not talking reality show relevant, which apparently is good enough for Jerral Jones, I'm talking relevant on the field.

My son is a Ravens fans. To younger football fans the Cowboys are just another average franchise.

I suspect this is what it felt like to be a Packers fan in the early 1980s. The older fans clung desperately to memories of Super Bowl I & II and bragged about that while the younger fans were into the Steelers, 49ers, and Cowboys.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Colin Kaepernick is not very bright. One hit wonder.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He may have been barely outside the pocket, but he wasn't well outside the pocket.

Top Bottom