Free Agency Chatter...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Miami will sign Suh to a 6 year $114 mil contract...60 mil guaranteed in the first 3 years.
Holy shit, that's a lot guaranteed.

Cotton

Staff member
McCoy gets 5/40 from Bills...26 mil guaranteed.
This is going to set the market for Murray, and I'm not down for paying him 8 mill per.

Cotton

Staff member
Just read that McCoy will get 16 mill of his 26 guaranteed in 2015. Holy shit.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is going to set the market for Murray, and I'm not down for paying him 8 mill per.
Nope.

Now we get to go into the draft desperate for a RB. Lovely.

Cotton

Staff member
Nope.

Now we get to go into the draft desperate for a RB. Lovely.
I'm actually okay with that. Murray's injury history plus his proclivity for losing the ball makes me kinda want to move on from him. This is a deep draft for RBs. so I'm okay with taking my chances with a mid round pick on a RB and a FA signing. The issue is trusting the goobers in charge to do it right.

Cotton

Staff member
New deal for Scott Tolzien means Matt Flynn’s out in Green Bay

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 8, 2015, 3:06 PM EDT

As it turns out, the Packers hanging onto quarterback Scott Tolzien was a sign of a bigger move.

According to Tom Silverstien of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Packers aren’t expected to keep veteran backup quarterback Matt Flynn, after keeping Tolzien with a one-year, $1.375 million deal.

Of course, based on his career trajectory, Flynn probably has a few more hysterical contracts left in him, and has proven to be a serviceable backup in the past. Given the state of the market, he’ll almost certainly find work.

The Packers obviously saw enough out of Tolzien to figure him as the backup to Aaron Rodgers, and will now bring in a younger quarterback to fill out the depth chart.

They traditionally hadn’t kept three quarterbacks on the 53-man roster, though Tolzien made them change their tune on that. Now, they’ll either go back to keeping two, or find a developmental kid to hang around and carry the clipboard.

Do you go after Flynn to replace Weeden? I think I do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm actually okay with that. Murray's injury history plus his proclivity for losing the ball makes me kinda want to move on from him. This is a deep draft for RBs. so I'm okay with taking my chances with a mid round pick on a RB and a FA signing. The issue is trusting the goobers in charge to do it right.
What FA signing?

And the idea of going into a draft desperate is not good.

Cotton

Staff member
What FA signing?

And the idea of going into a draft desperate is not good.
I would take Ingram or Gore and a mid round pick and feel just fine going into next season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would take Ingram or Gore and a mid round pick and feel just fine going into next season.
Ingram is back with the Saints. And Gore is probably an Eagle come Tuesday.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maxwell is a done deal to Philly.

Julius Thomas going to Jacksonville.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Lions hope Suh “comes to his senses”

Posted by Mike Florio on March 8, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT

The Dolphins reportedly will sign defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh on Tuesday. But that doesn’t mean the Lions have given up on keeping they guy they acquired with the second pick in the 2010 draft.

“[They] can’t finalize until Tuesday,” a Lions source told Josina Anderson of ESPN.com. “We will hope he comes to his senses.”

The Lions are right on the first part. Despite Chris Mortensen’s report that the deal will happen, no deal can happen before Tuesday. As one media source has pointed out, the mere existence of the report that Suh will sign with the Dolphins becomes the first time since the NFL adopted the three-day legal tampering period that a report of a deal with a new team has emerged as hard “this will happen” news.

In theory, Suh can stiff arm the Dolphins and return to the Lions. He wouldn’t be reneging, since there’s technically no agreement that he’d be ignoring. And the Lions think that, between now and Tuesday, they can change his mind.

“[The] key is playing for coach [Jim] Caldwell and Teryl [Austin],” the source told Anderson. “Plus good players around him. Can’t get that there.”

It’s a bold move for the unnamed Lions source to insult the Dolphins. Sure, Detroit made it to the playoffs this year, beating Miami by a mere four points along the way. But as overall organizations go, the Lions have pitched a tent in roughly the same band of competitive mediocrity where the Dolphins have resided for years.

It’s also a bold (and foolish) move to provoke Suh by suggesting that he’s out of his mind to want to play in Miami. Maybe if their Lions had come to their senses and offered Suh a year ago whatever they’re willing to offer at a time when Suh has one foot out the door and the other one in the air and crossing the threshold, it never would have gotten to the point where Detroit’s only strategy is to hope Suh’s definition of sanity is to choose less money in a state with no income tax or palm trees.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Top Bottom