Free Agency Chatter...

D

Deuce

@CharlesRobinson: As first reported by @davebirkett, Nick Fairley is no longer considering a return to the #Lions.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Wonder how interested we really are with Hardy considering his domestic abuse issues.
Not exactly the same thing, but McClain was a risk like Hardy was...and it paid off. We brought Brent back into the fold...so we are not afraid to bring in guys who might not be the most popular in the NFL.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Impressive restraint

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Not exactly the same thing, but McClain was a risk like Hardy was...and it paid off. We brought Brent back into the fold...so we are not afraid to bring in guys who might not be the most popular in the NFL.
I don't know the details in Hardy case, but it does seem the Cowboys are more likely to sign a guy with a troubled background rather than draft one with issues.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Absolutely no go on Nick Fairley. We don't need lazy schmucks in our locker room.

Greg Hardy - yes 400x

D

Deuce

@ConorTOrr: Loved WIP this morning: Caller: "Is the GM looking at these guys Chip is getting?" Host: "Chip is the GM." Caller: "Oh my God, what?"

Smitty

DCC 4Life
When healthy and in shape he is an absolute beast. Those two things are big questions though.
Might have to roll the dice. That's some impressive upside if Marinelli can get it out of him. And he doesn't have criminal baggage.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Might have to roll the dice. That's some impressive upside if Marinelli can get it out of him. And he doesn't have criminal baggage.
it's not like Teryl Austin is some schlub. I don't see us being able to get much out of him

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've always been a big Nick Fairley fan. All the way back to his Auburn days where he would literally take a game over as a DT. With Marinelli motivation isn't a concern for me. Marinelli would kick his ass in gear and likely get the most out of him. My real concern is the 10 games, 13 games, 15 games, and 8 games that he has played in each season. I worry about injury prone players. They don't tend to snap out of these things. But at the right price I'd take a shot on the guy that he will have a 13 or 15 game season again.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
we arent going to be able to sign fairley and hardy. I would without a question take Greg Hardy, bad decisions and all, over Nick Fairley. Still a good player, but lazy and injury prone. You don't know which player you are going to get half the time. We don't need those

D

Deuce

we arent going to be able to sign fairley and hardy. I would without a question take Greg Hardy, bad decisions and all, over Nick Fairley. Still a good player, but lazy and injury prone. You don't know which player you are going to get half the time. We don't need those
We can if we let Murray walk and sign Dez long term to lower his cap number.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
We can if we let Murray walk and sign Dez long term to lower his cap number.
yea but im trying to be realistic here. Dez wont get a deal done for months and by that time fairley and hardy wont be here. Murray may be back with the team, i'd say its 50/50 right now

Carp

DCC 4Life

:lol Right.

D

Deuce

:lol Right.
:lol:lol:lol

I'm sure the Rams passed on that for Foles and a 2nd.

Top Bottom