Fisher: Cowboys hit a 'Downturn' in Spencer contract talks

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, sure, but I like to pretend that, say, this board is doing the picking, that way I maintain some hope and sanity.
Well, most of the board. I don't want Lotuseater anywhere near my phone to Radio City.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not necessarily.

I don't see Avril as being that much worse...I doubt he gets some king-sized deal back in FA.

It is a down market for DEs.
I think Spencer would have been the highest-demand DE on the market, given the year he had and his rep as an all-round defender.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Spencer would have been the highest-demand DE on the market, given the year he had and his rep as an all-round defender.
And he still wouldn't get anything close to what he would get in Dallas. I can only think of a few teams that would have paid him top dollar (SD, for instance) but the rest of the DEs went to 4-3 teams. I am not certain he's going to play great 4-3 DE in Dallas, I bet a lot of teams wouldn't make that kind of projection with him either.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well clearly we disagree on what we'd accept for him but I think you are nuts if you are saying the Saints or Jets wouldn't have given a 3rd or 4th for him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well clearly we disagree on what we'd accept for him but I think you are nuts if you are saying the Saints or Jets wouldn't have given a 3rd or 4th for him.
You said "mid rounder". To me that's a 4th or 5th. Besides, he was a free agent. We'd have to sign him to something palatable to trade him because nobody would trade for a guy that was just tagged.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You said "mid rounder". To me that's a 4th or 5th. Besides, he was a free agent. We'd have to sign him to something palatable to trade him because nobody would trade for a guy that was just tagged.
This. He was instantly untradable because he signed his tender.

Lotuseater

Banned
Well, most of the board. I don't want Lotuseater anywhere near my phone to Radio City.
I'm taking my ball and going home.

Top Bottom