Fat Mike with Appendicitis

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was going to go with that or Hoosiers.
That exact scene was in Major League II. Lou the manager is in the hospital while Tom Berenger's character takes over the team. He is listening to the team play on the radio, with British TV on. After they win, he's jumping on the bed and yells how much he loves that shit and might even move to England. Funny scene.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
There was a move (comedy) from a couple of decades ago about a dysfunctional football team (Necessary Roughness, The Waterboy, etc.), where the HC was a gruff, hot tempered, and volatile type, and right before the "big game" he suffered a heart attack and was in the hospital while the DC coached the game. While the game was happening, the TV was removed from the coach's hospital room so he would remain calm, but he had smuggled in a radio w/ earpiece... he would get riled up throughout the game but act calm whenever the nurse checked on him, when the game ended, with his team winning (in dramatic fashion), he started yelling, jumping and dancing on the bed. When the nurse came to check out the commotion, the coach then jumped down and hugged/kissed her...

I envision McCarthy pulling something like that. :lol

Anyone know what that movie was?
That was Major League II as NoDak mentioned.

Necessary Roughness has a somewhat similar scenario in it were the HC is hospitalized because he thinks he's had a heart attack so the rough around the edges DC has to coach the big game vs their rival. It turned out that the HC just had indigestion.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was Major League II as NoDak mentioned.

Necessary Roughness has a somewhat similar scenario in it were the HC is hospitalized because he thinks he's had a heart attack so the rough around the edges DC has to coach the big game vs their rival. It turned out that the HC just had indigestion.
Also similar to Remember the Titans star player at the hospital during the big game...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I doubt it. I am fat so I have no problem with defining others as so
That brings up a very good point.

Since we are largely (no pun intended) a very fat nation, how can fat shaming truly exist?

How can the minority bully the majority?

I can tell you exactly what it is.

Many fat people have never embraced their own fatness.

Top Bottom