Farmer - NFL mock draft: Reporters make selections

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don’t pass on Bortles there in this scenario.

data

Forbes #1
I just don't see Jerry drafting a non-splash player like OL

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just don't see Jerry drafting a non-splash player like OL
It's not about that because I am good with the non-splash guy we took last year. That was at 31 in a trade down though.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If Martin is there, it's a no-brainer we should pick him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If Martin is there, it's a no-brainer we should pick him.
Far from it. Reminiscent of Schmitty painting himself in a corner on topics and not considering other options. If Bortles and Martin are there you take Martin?

Cotton

Staff member
Far from it. Reminiscent of Schmitty painting himself in a corner on topics and not considering other options. If Bortles and Martin are there you take Martin?
Well, I don't consider that realistic. But, yes, if by some miracle Bortles makes it to 16, I take him over Martin.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Well, I don't consider that realistic. But, yes, if by some miracle Bortles makes it to 16, I take him over Martin.
You can only go by the mock...if we are basing it on realism then Martin is not a top 16 player.

Cotton

Staff member
You can only go by the mock...if we are basing it on realism then Martin is not a top 16 player.
I don't agree with that at all.

Cotton

Staff member
to you, Martin is a top 16 player. But at 15, you'll pass on him for Bortles.

That doesnt make him a top 16 player.
Again, I said it's not realistic for Bortles to be there, so it's a scenario in fairy land. Hence nixing the contradiction claim.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Well, you can only go by the mock that was the impetus for this thread...so you passed on Bortles for Martin. It was a no-brainer in fact.

Cotton

Staff member
Well, you can only go by the mock that was the impetus for this thread...so you passed on Bortles for Martin. It was a no-brainer in fact.
You can't tell me what to do!

~runs out of room~

Carp

DCC 4Life
Martin is in my top 25 range...which may seem like I am splitting hairs here, but I just think you can do better than him there. If we are focused on him being a G I don't think he is much better, if at all, as Yankey.

D

Deuce

Martin is in my top 25 range...which may seem like I am splitting hairs here, but I just think you can do better than him there. If we are focused on him being a G I don't think he is much better, if at all, as Yankey.
This is pretty much my thought process as well. After a trade down, I'd love Martin. I just think at 16 we can get someone better.

I dont know if Yankey is as good as he is, but I like Gabe Jackson, Sua-Filo and Bitonio quite a bit and they can be had later.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Jackson and Sua-Filo are better, but neither gets to 47, so I used Yankey.

Top Bottom