Fantasy Football: Questions/Discussion

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
First week of the playoffs for my league and I'm seeded #3. Pretty good spot as I play #6 first. Have a RB dilemma naturally.....

Want to sit Lamar Miller because Miami is playing Baltimore. Dan Herron is my other starter.

Choices:
1. Reggie Bush - assuming he is going to play and has best matchup. Has stunk even when he has played and one cut away from injuring the ankle again.

2. Latavious Murray - bad matchup and its Oakland offense.

3. Theo Riddick - if Bush plays then he sits

4. Doug Martin is available. Got a lot of carries last week but playing the Lions.

Discuss.

D

Deuce

First week of the playoffs for my league and I'm seeded #3. Pretty good spot as I play #6 first. Have a RB dilemma naturally.....

Want to sit Lamar Miller because Miami is playing Baltimore. Dan Herron is my other starter.

Choices:
1. Reggie Bush - assuming he is going to play and has best matchup. Has stunk even when he has played and one cut away from injuring the ankle again.

2. Latavious Murray - bad matchup and its Oakland offense.

3. Theo Riddick - if Bush plays then he sits

4. Doug Martin is available. Got a lot of carries last week but playing the Lions.

Discuss.
I would like to discuss how inept the rest of the league is that would allow someone with this RB core to end up the 3 seed.

As for me, I'd probably start Miller. Bush/Riddick will cancel each other out but neither will get a ton of work. Murray can't be trusted yet and Martin has a worse matchup than Miller.

Rev

Staff member
I would like to discuss how inept the rest of the league is that would allow someone with this RB core to end up the 3 seed.

As for me, I'd probably start Miller. Bush/Riddick will cancel each other out but neither will get a ton of work. Murray can't be trusted yet and Martin has a worse matchup than Miller.

Lol. I had Bradshaw until he broke his ankle and its a PPR league so I went with top WRs in the draft. The only mistake I made in the draft (and its a big one) was picking Bush over Bell. I can't explain why that happened at all. The only thing I can think of was Bushs PPR should have helped. Anyways fantasy football is choosing who is going to score that week and I have had some good weeks picking the right guy.

I will take your advice into consideration. According to NFL site Baltimore gives up the fewest fantasy points to RBs. I know Detroit gives up the fewest yards but I guess they get more goal line TDs given up.

D

Deuce

Lol. I had Bradshaw until he broke his ankle and its a PPR league so I went with top WRs in the draft. The only mistake I made in the draft (and its a big one) was picking Bush over Bell. I can't explain why that happened at all. The only thing I can think of was Bushs PPR should have helped. Anyways fantasy football is choosing who is going to score that week and I have had some good weeks picking the right guy.

I will take your advice into consideration. According to NFL site Baltimore gives up the fewest fantasy points to RBs. I know Detroit gives up the fewest yards but I guess they get more goal line TDs given up.
One other thing about Doug Martin, you can't assume he's going to get the goalline carries either. They are becoming like the Pats where you don't know who will step up. I know Rainey is at least taking the 3rd down stuff but they like Sims a lot and want him involved.

Rev

Staff member
FML.....

Thought I was going to get a little break. Noticed that my opponent in the first round of the playoffs had Cole Beasley in the lineup. :budd

Rev

Staff member
My team pulled through to the second round of the playoffs.

Have Minnesota defense but they are playing Detroit and have Calvin.

Choose:
1. Stick with Minnesota.
2. I picked up Giants because the matchup seems to be in their favor.
3. Can pick up Tampa Bay against Carolina.

Discuss

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My team pulled through to the second round of the playoffs.

Have Minnesota defense but they are playing Detroit and have Calvin.

Choose:
1. Stick with Minnesota.
2. I picked up Giants because the matchup seems to be in their favor.
3. Can pick up Tampa Bay against Carolina.

Discuss
Minnesota's pass defense sucks... I would roll the dice with TB. Especially with Newton most likely out for that game.

Rev

Staff member
Made the championship game with my collection of misfits. My main question is with Murray having hand surgery do you think we go back to slinging the ball around and if so do I chance playing Terrance Williams? I'm leanimg towards not playing him. Just have to fill that flex position and its either him, Stedman Bailey, Charles Johnson, or Percy Harvin (if he plays).

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Made the championship game with my collection of misfits. My main question is with Murray having hand surgery do you think we go back to slinging the ball around and if so do I chance playing Terrance Williams? I'm leanimg towards not playing him. Just have to fill that flex position and its either him, Stedman Bailey, Charles Johnson, or Percy Harvin (if he plays).
I'd lean towards Johnson out of those choices, even if Murray is out(early reports are he will play) putting TWill in your lineup is pretty much a Hail Mary move

Cotton

Staff member
Murray is playing it sounds like, so I stick with him in that situation.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I have a similar dilemma in my NFL.com league. I just put in a waiver request for Randle just in case Murray can't go.

It sucks having a 20 ppg guy ripped from your lineup during Championship Week.

NEXT MAN UP!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Murray is playing it sounds like, so I stick with him in that situation.
Rev doesn't have Murray, he's asking if Murray is out will TWill be worth starting over Johnson/Bailey/Harvin

Cotton

Staff member
Rev doesn't have Murray, he's asking if Murray is out will TWill be worth starting over Johnson/Bailey/Harvin
Ahh, I misread. Yeah, it would be tough to go with Amber Alert. I guess Johnson in that spot. Tough call.

Rev

Staff member
Its really tough in our league because for some reason it was set up as a 14 team league with 3 WR, 2 RB, and a Flex. Pretty much have to search through the waiver wire on a weekly basis and hope to get a lucky match up.

Cotton

Staff member
Its really tough in our league because for some reason it was set up as a 14 team league with 3 WR, 2 RB, and a Flex. Pretty much have to search through the waiver wire on a weekly basis and hope to get a lucky match up.
Tell me about it.

Rev

Staff member
Going back and forth but can't decide.... Romo or Brady

Romo without Dez or Brady against Buffalo defense...

dallen

Senior Tech
Last year we gave up 27 and 33 points against the Eagles. Odds are Romo is going to have throw a lot if we want to win.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's early but it's looking like the CJ Anderson pick in 1st/2nd round was a huge waste.

They'er pretty much platooning him with Hillman. Looks like he's only going to get 12-15 touches per game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Last year we gave up 27 and 33 points against the Eagles. Odds are Romo is going to have throw a lot if we want to win.
The Cowboys defense appears to be much improved, though. The Giants usually put up close to 30 on us as well but the Cowboys held them in check most of the night.

D

Deuce

It's early but it's looking like the CJ Anderson pick in 1st/2nd round was a huge waste.

They'er pretty much platooning him with Hillman. Looks like he's only going to get 12-15 touches per game.
Anderson getting hurt week 1 and then coming back on a short week is tough. But Hillman looks good and that concerns me too.

Top Bottom