Falcons Stuff...

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
I wouldnt take the Cowboys, until they can prove it. A lot to fix, the coaches should be sweating about time.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Atlanta's pass defense is horrendous and Dak usually lights it up 5 or 6 times a year at home, so this could be one of those games. The only concern is whether or not Steele can hold up at RT and Jarrett in the middle.

Atlanta's offense could be an issue but I don't think it's in their nature to play turtle-ball and control the clock with 4 yard passes and screens like the Rams did. If they let Ryan sit back there and hold the ball the pass rush will get to him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We should crush Atlanta. I'll be pretty surprised if we don't.
We should win no doubt, but Dak has to say fuck-all to the coaches and be our own Russell Wilson here.

This tame sitting back and letting the other team dictate crap has to go.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
In perfect passing conditions and against no crowd noise. Basically no road advantage.

17. Fucking. Points.

Against the RAMS

Take nothing for granted. NOTHING

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm willing to cut a new head coach in his first game with no real offseason a little slack. Mistake were made and we lost to an elite level NFL coach who has been with his team years so there is no transition period.

But we need to come out and beat the Falcons. We can't afford to drop to 0-2. I'd like to see us get this offense on track. They need to start building momentum in the right direction. We can't just hope and wait for Collins to return in 2 more weeks. But it will be a huge boost when he does.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Why is it that an average starting OT can so consistently bring the Garrett/Moore Cowboys offense to its knees?

Other teams make due with backups all the time. Why does Dallas struggle with adversity of any kind?

Question every leader until they prove otherwise. QB, OC, HC, GM, Owner.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Why is it that an average starting OT can so consistently bring the Garrett/Moore Cowboys offense to its knees?

Other teams make due with backups all the time. Why does Dallas struggle with adversity of any kind?

Question every leader until they prove otherwise. QB, OC, HC, GM, Owner.
Why are we still trying to tie this team to Garrett?

McCarthy is here and if he is letting Moore have influence that's on him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why are we still trying to tie this team to Garrett?

McCarthy is here and if he is letting Moore have influence that's on him.
I would agree with this. Garrett is gone. Everything from here forward is on McCarthy.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I would agree with this. Garrett is gone. Everything from here forward is on McCarthy.
McCarthy's acceptance of Moore ties this offense to Garrett at least in part due to Moore working under both Garrett and Linehan. Moore couldn't spend years with those 2 and not be impacted. However, to Ravi's question about adapting to adversity along the oline, the replacement for Collins (Cam Erving) was injured, and so by necessity we were down to a 3rd level guy. Now, if Steele beat out Erving for the backup spot, that's another story. But having a drop off in oline performance is not a Garrett issue any longer. Its a McCarthy issue, more specifically a Kellen Moore/Joe Philbin issue.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
McCarthy's acceptance of Moore ties this offense to Garrett at least in part due to Moore working under both Garrett and Linehan. Moore couldn't spend years with those 2 and not be impacted.
Yeah, but Ravi's question was "How come being down to your backup tackle so exposes a Garrett/Moore offense?"

This isn't a Garrett/Moore offense.

McCarthy has put and continues to put in what he wants to do. If he has chosen to use things that are similar to what Garrett did, that's because it's what McCarthy wants to do.

He didn't just waltz in and say "Hey guys, let's just keep them old Garrett playbooks to save a tree. I'll just make some tweaks in pencil."

Assuredly he's trying to keep some things similar for continuity in an abbreviated offseason but if you think McCarthy is just using the same protection schemes, route schemes, personnel groupings, etc, as before, I just cannot fathom that would be the case.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom