Explosions rock Boston Marathon; several injured

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Before some idiot comes in here and ruins the thread like at the DCU.

BAN BOMBS!!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Really though, if someone wants to do something like this at a public event, it would be hard to stop. This is a 26 mile race...how you clear and keep a perimeter for something like that is a logistical nightmare.
You really can't. That's what makes terrorists get their jollies off. They want to strike where it cannot be controlled.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bulletin from CNN: Be on the lookout for a darker skinned or black male with black backpack and black sweatshirt.

:lol

Ookay.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Damn......latest reports say one of the two killed was an 8 year old boy.

Fucking bastards.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's sad that anyone lost their life today, but it could've been worse.

The blast wasn't very big according to reports. Given the location of the bomb, there could have been lots of lives lost if that blast was half the power of the ones in London and Madrid from years ago.
It definitely could have been a lot worse in terms of casualties.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bulletin from CNN: Be on the lookout for a darker skinned or black male with black backpack and black sweatshirt.

:lol

Ookay.
Do you know how many people attending this event had backpacks? Jesus.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Daily Mail is saying that authorites have a suspect in a local hospital...although I think that is the equivalent of the NY Post.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Daily Mail is saying that authorites have a suspect in a local hospital...although I think that is the equivalent of the NY Post.
They've already squashed that story.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if it takes them a long time to catch the guy, if at all.

This was pretty damn random.

If I wanted a big statement or show as a terrorist, domestic or foreign, I would aim higher than the damn Boston Marathon.

At least the fricktard in Atlanta had the Olympics.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It definitely could have been a lot worse in terms of casualties.
It is pretty bad. 141 injured so far with a lot of amputations. Bombs were apparently low to the ground and filled with ball bearings.

But tomorrow they could report they were dropped from hang gliders and filled with dogshit.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I bet they make that report because everyone knows the mainsteam media is out to get Bipo.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Carlos Arredondo. Lost a son in Iraq in '04 and his other son committed suicide in '11. Here he is yesterday helping these strangers. Incredible.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Sounds like the bombs were made out of pressure cookers.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Carlos Arredondo. Lost a son in Iraq in '04 and his other son committed suicide in '11. Here he is yesterday helping these strangers. Incredible.

That's unbelievable.

It's sad that some of the ugliest things have to happen for us to find out about some of the truly good people we still have in this world.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
That Arredondo dude also tried to kill himself after his son was killed in Iraq.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Yeah, that guy has been through alot over the last 10 years.

For an update, the guy he's helping survived but ended up having to have both legs amputated.

dallen

Senior Tech
Yeah, that guy has been through alot over the last 10 years.

For an update, the guy he's helping survived but ended up having to have both legs amputated.
In the uncropped version you can see there wasn't much left to amputate. Horrible

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That Arredondo dude also tried to kill himself after his son was killed in Iraq.
I've always said that anyone who commits suicide is weak and cowardly, but since I've become a father I can understand that the death of a child would be the hardest battle to face.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I've never judged anyone for commiting suicide. I think you have to be out of your mind to commit it, so how can you judge the actions of someone who's not thinking.

Carp

DCC 4Life
(CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 1:47 p.m. Wednesday ]

An arrest has been made in the Boston bombings investigation based on two videos showing images of the suspect, a federal law enforcement source told CNN's Fran Townsend.

Top Bottom