Explosions rock Boston Marathon; several injured

BipolarFuk

Demoted
"The capture of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was a great victory for law enforcement. That fact is that he was captured outside of their much-vaunted perimeter, and he wasn't ferreted out by The Donut Eaters. Rather, some blood stains were found on a shrink-wrapped boat by its owner, and he summoned the police. This was a failure of law enforcement of epic proportions. Furthermore, kicking in doors on several streets in Watertown, Massachusetts without benefit of search warrants didn't exactly make make friends and influence people. It was more like a dress rehearsal for martial law. Next came a parade of self-congratulation for the Boys in Black that was vaguely sickening."

Carp

DCC 4Life
I love it. You can find a silver lining in even the most tragic events. Props.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am sure there were some police officers that were overly aggressive in their searches, possibly caused some damage. I did not hear about doors being kicked in, they might have been, but I was not actively searching that out. Thankfully the resident did call in that the bomber was in his boat, it possibly saved lives and him being taken alive could provide some answers. The community is part of the process whether pundits can acknowledge that or not. It appears some want to stick their head in the sand and be saved by the very police that they seem to hate so much.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I am sure there were some police officers that were overly aggressive in their searches, possibly caused some damage. I did not hear about doors being kicked in, they might have been, but I was not actively searching that out. Thankfully the resident did call in that the bomber was in his boat, it possibly saved lives and him being taken alive could provide some answers. The community is part of the process whether pundits can acknowledge that or not. It appears some want to stick their head in the sand and be saved by the very police that they seem to hate so much.
The longer this goes on and the more I hear and read about this, the more I want this fool decapitated in a public courtyard. These morons that keep saying that he deserves his due process piss me off. I haven't really spoken out much about how I feel he should be treated as a criminal, but I do feel like he surrendered his rights when he committed what is in my mind an act of war on the same country he pledged an oath to when he got his citizenry. He should be tried by military tribunal as an enemy combatant of this country, and nothing more. Sickens me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I always wonder about folks and what makes some of them have attitudes and why they have become total anti-establishment. They have apparently had a different life experience than me.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I want him punished to the fullest, but he needs to be punished and tried as a non-military combatant. Whether people like it or not he is a naturalized American citizen and should be afforded those rights.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I want him punished to the fullest, but he needs to be punished and tried as a non-military combatant. Whether people like it or not he is a naturalized American citizen and should be afforded those rights.
Agreed.

Cotton

Staff member
I disagree. I think he gave up those rights when he threatened mine.

Cotton

Staff member
Doesn't every criminal threaten your rights?
Of course they do to a point, but terrorists threaten our freedom. McVeigh was given due process and I was pissed about that as well. People next year and years to follow won't be able to enjoy the Boston Marathon like they did before because of these two assholes. They will have more restrictions put on them as to how and where they stand and what they can bring to the race simply because of these two assholes. Those are freedoms being taken away. Fuck these two terrorists. They don't deserve the same rights as a normal citizen.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I take threated as being directly affected by it...I don't think anyone can say their rights were taken away. The people in Boston can.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Of course they do to a point, but terrorists threaten our freedom. McVeigh was given due process and I was pissed about that as well. People next year and years to follow won't be able to enjoy the Boston Marathon like they did before because of these two assholes. They will have more restrictions put on them as to how and where they stand and what they can bring to the race simply because of these two assholes. Those are freedoms being taken away. Fuck these two terrorists. They don't deserve the same rights as a normal citizen.
That is emotion talking...you can't become lawless when enforcing the law. We have laws, you don't alter them on a whim.

McVeigh got put to death too, so it worked.

Cotton

Staff member
I take threated as being directly affected by it...I don't think anyone can say their rights were taken away. The people in Boston can.
I figured this would be someone's response, and not surprised it is you. Of course I was not directly threatened by this, but my freedoms damn sure are indirectly by any attack on our country. 9/11, OK City, and this. Our freedoms are being taken from us because of terrorists on our homeland. They don't deserve due process, and they damn sure don't deserve for us to feed them for 10 years or whatever it was like McVeigh.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Even then, do we take rights away from sex traffickers, serial kidnappers, or anyone else infringes on rights? Punish to the full extent of the law, and that's all.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I figured this would be someone's response, and not surprised it is you. Of course I was not directly threatened by this, but my freedoms damn sure are indirectly by any attack on our country. 9/11, OK City, and this. Our freedoms are being taken from us because of terrorists on our homeland. They don't deserve due process, and they damn sure don't deserve for us to feed them for 10 years or whatever it was like McVeigh.
I figured someone would go over the top emotionally, not surprised it is you.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I am not opposed to public execution in cases of public murder and terror, but who exactly would get to decide when a crime is bad enough to revoke citizenship?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
:lol

No, our rights and freedoms are being taken away by the dipshits that you, me, and everyone else vote into office. Best politicians that special interests can buy.

Top Bottom