Expert Witness: Trayvon Martin was on top of Zimmerman when teen was shot

Smitty

DCC 4Life
One of the six jurors who decided to acquit George Zimmerman of the charges against him for the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin spoke to Anderson Cooper on Monday evening. In short, the juror more or less completely believed Zimmerman's version of events. It was Zimmerman's voice screaming for help heard over the 911 call, she told Cooper. And she does not believe that race played a role in Zimmerman's assessment of Martin. Overall, her take on Zimmerman himself was very sympathetic.
She's biased. Clearly she did not follow the trial.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That juror interview summed up how I feel about Zimmerman. Got carried away. Should have stayed in the car, would have prevented the whole thing if he had, but those actions do not impute criminal liability for murder or manslaughter. Had good intentions of preventing crime, not motivated by racist hate and wanting to harm someone he viewed as black (see his community work with minorities), though without question he was profiling Martin based on his skin color in this instance (I guess I disagree with her there).

Was almost certainly attacked by Martin and at that point any wrong Zimmerman had done was "reversed" as the juror says, by Martin's actions, and Martin became the aggressor. Believe that Zimmerman was in fear for his life, Martin's fears not relevant at this point because he went beyond what he was legally entitled to do by becoming the aggressor.

Good interview.

Last edited:

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
He had no reason to follow him.
Not true either. There were a lot of break ins in that neighborhood and someone walking around the neighborhood and through people's yards at night can reasonably be considered suspicious and give somebody in a watch program reason to see what they're up to.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I heard someone say (@dcu) when they meet up that Zimmerman was reaching for something inside his jacket. It was reported that Zimmerman said it was his phone, but couldn't Martin had reasonably feared it was a gun and attacked for fear of his life.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Worst. Prosecution. Ever.

But the attacks on the jurors' integrity is next.

Just watch
That's already started.

I was watching Good Morning America this morning and they were talking about the juror who spoke out yesterday.

They pointed out that during the interview with Anderson Cooper the juror would refer to Zimmerman as "George" but called Trayvon, "That boy".

D

Deuce

I read this morning that a Wal-Mart on Crenshaw in LA was burned last night and some kids attacked a Hispanic man in Baltimore after yelling "This one's for Trayvon!"

Kbrown

Not So New Member
It may seem silly, but I have been keeping my eyes open lately. To borrow from the President, if I had a Hispanic half-brother, he'd look like George Zimmerman.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I read this morning that a Wal-Mart on Crenshaw in LA was burned last night and some kids attacked a Hispanic man in Baltimore after yelling "This one's for Trayvon!"
The irony of putting probably numerous blacks out of work by burning a Walmart is delicious.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It may seem silly, but I have been keeping my eyes open lately. To borrow from the President, if I had a Hispanic half-brother, he'd look like George Zimmerman.
:lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You see the crowd yesterday that went onto 288 and completely stopped traffic?

Yes, they walked out onto the freeway and brought traffic to a halt. :doh

Kbrown

Not So New Member
You see the crowd yesterday that went onto 288 and completely stopped traffic?

Yes, they walked out onto the freeway and brought traffic to a halt. :doh
I didn't see that. Sheesh.

288 is the Nolan Ryan Expressway. It's too bad he didn't show up and kick someone off, Air Force One style.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Top Bottom