Ex-NFL exec: Cowboys shouldn't hesitate to draft a QB in first round

Jiggyfly

Banned
The point is that QBs can rise and fall regardless of where they were rated the year before. Ponder and Manuel were late risers, while some fall.
That's not the point we were talking about both Ponder was widely considered overdrafted and Manuel was drafted at the end of the 1st and both were getting 1st round buzz going into there senior year.

And it still proves my point of being leery of drafting mid 1st round QB's they usually end up being reaches.

Both Ponder and Manuel were falling going into the draft and were picked out of desperation.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
A) We already have a 1st round QB as our backup so that argument is shit, draft position... meh.
B) draft a QB high now, because it seems those QB's that sit and learn tend to fare much better than those that start right away. (Brady, Rodgers, Romo, etc.)

Carp

DCC 4Life
That's not the point we were talking about both Ponder was widely considered overdrafted and Manuel was drafted at the end of the 1st and both were getting 1st round buzz going into there senior year.

And it still proves my point of being leery of drafting mid 1st round QB's they usually end up being reaches.

Both Ponder and Manuel were falling going into the draft and were picked out of desperation.
Ponder and Manuel were falling, but they were taken in the upper half of the first round? They were falling based on what...if anything them being drafted where they were showed me they were late risers.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A) We already have a 1st round QB as our backup so that argument is shit, draft position... meh.
B) draft a QB high now, because it seems those QB's that sit and learn tend to fare much better than those that start right away. (Brady, Rodgers, Romo, etc.)
That's the way I lean. Forget the media hype guys that do not learn the pro style systems because the learning curve for them is pretty steep.

Top Bottom