Engel: Cowboys must allow Jason Garrett to cut Rolando McClain

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Yep, Garrett knew exactly what he was getting with Jerry and didn't care in the least. Ozzie called it when he said gingerfuck should run for President, he's a career politician who is making the most of his connections to get ahead without the actual ability to do the job.
So you're blaming Garrett for not admitting he is a failure and walking away from a cushy job? He probably says a prayer for Jerry Jones every night before going to bed. If you hire your brother's idiot son to run your business, and he does so into the ground, who was to blame? The idiot nephew or you for hiring him?

I never said Garrett was a good coach... but not getting rid of him is all Jerry Jones.

In business there's a concept called the Peter Principle... this states that unless acted upon by an outside influence, an individual will typically rise to the level of his own incompetence. Garrett had already reached that level on his own, offensive coordinator. In steps that "outside influence", by the name of Jerry Jones, and elevates him to a level above that which he is competent, head coach. The result: failure.

townsend

Banned
So you're blaming Garrett for not admitting he is a failure and walking away from a cushy job? He probably says a prayer for Jerry Jones every night before going to bed. If you hire your brother's idiot son to run your business, and he does so into the ground, who was to blame? The idiot nephew or you for hiring him?

I never said Garrett was a good coach... but not getting rid of him is all Jerry Jones.

In business there's a concept called the Peter Principle... this states that unless acted upon by an outside influence, an individual will typically rise to the level of his own incompetence. Garrett had already reached that level on his own, offensive coordinator. In steps that "outside influence", by the name of Jerry Jones, and elevates him to a level above that which he is competent, head coach. The result: failure.
One could argue QB coach was his level of competence. He was hired as as an OC by Jerry, and he had to find a HC that was okay with that. Norv didn't want him and turned down the job, that seems to me that Jerry was forcing him past his competence level.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
One could argue QB coach was his level of competence. He was hired as as an OC by Jerry, and he had to find a HC that was okay with that. Norv didn't want him and turned down the job, that seems to me that Jerry was forcing him past his competence level.
Wasn't he an OC with the Dolphins? I cannot remember. Either way... it is Jones who is ultimately responsible for all of this organization shortcomings and until he is completely removed from the equation, any real level of success will continue to elude them.

townsend

Banned
Wasn't he an OC with the Dolphins? I cannot remember. Either way... it is Jones who is ultimately responsible for all of this organization shortcomings and until he is completely removed from the equation, any real level of success will continue to elude them.
He was just a QB coach in Miami, Jones handed him OC in 07, assistant HC in 08, and Coach in 2010. Obviously he is a symptom of bad management and the craziest thing is he's now the second longest tenured coach in Cowboy's history! It should also be pointed out that he's the second least successful next to Campo(who managed to win four more games per year than Garrett could with a shit QB.).

Suffice it to say Garrett's not just a symptom of Jobes bad coaching hired, he's a worsening symptom.

Top Bottom