Engel: Cowboys' free agency moves mean they must cut Dez Bryant

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Member since Apr '13, picks a Spaulding avatar, and that was his very first post... Interesting.

Didn't Jiggy have that same avatar when he met the banhammer? Also, was he the one that always hit the return button, which chopped up his posts, or was that somebody else...
It's a default avatar that all new users get. It also reverts to that avatar when someone gets banned.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, we covered this.

You are talking about three games where the competition was weak or the ball mostly bounced our way. Aaron Rodgers’ performance in Green Bay... what the Hell was that?
I hate to do it, but did you watch the games? Or do you just look at stat lines. Because if you did you'd know he missed time during games too. Shit it was pointed out on this message board during games when it was happening that the offense started rolling as soon as Dez was out.

I honestly am not sure if people have that short of memories or if they really didn't watch all the games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dez has never been a big separation type WR, while Dak grew up looking through all his progressions with plenty of time waiting for the open WR.

2017 was a hard dose of reality, and it’s on Dak to grow up and expand the kinds of passes he throws to Dez.
Do you think Dak dictates the routes Dez runs? That's on the coaches my friend. You can't throw a route that the receiver isn't called to run in the play.

Cotton

Staff member
I hate to do it, but did you watch the games? Or do you just look at stat lines. Because if you did you'd know he missed time during games too. Shit it was pointed out on this message board during games when it was happening that the offense started rolling as soon as Dez was out.

I honestly am not sure if people have that short of memories or if they really didn't watch all the games.
I think it is more of a selective memory thing. I'm not sure how anyone can argue that our offense wasn't better when Dez sat.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You are hanging your hat on games vs. the worst team in football in SF, another losing team in the Bengals, and that bizarre game in GB when we had that fluke drive before the half and Aaron Rodgers had the worst game I’ve seen him play and the secondary was in shambles.

We play 16 games against competition like that and we go 16-0.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's a default avatar that all new users get. It also reverts to that avatar when someone gets banned.
Ok. So you solved those mysteries, Colombo. Now explain the one post in five years, and the hitting return at the end of each sentence.

:unsure

Cotton

Staff member
Ok. So you solved those mysteries, Colombo. Now explain the one post in five years, and the hitting return at the end of each sentence.

:unsure
It wasn't Jiggy that randomly hit return. I can't remember who it was, but it wasn't him. The first post in 5 years will just have to remain a mystery.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are hanging your hat on games vs. the worst team in football in SF, another losing team in the Bengals, and that bizarre game in GB when we had that fluke drive before the half and Aaron Rodgers had the worst game I’ve seen him play and the secondary was in shambles.

We play 16 games against competition like that and we go 16-0.
Dez Bryant played in only 64% of offensive snaps in 2016.

Dez Bryant when he is healthy is usually up around 85% of offensive snaps.

You know how many games in 2016 he reached 85% of the snaps in a game? 7 games. So if you want an actual accurate portrayal of Dez's health look at those numbers.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dez Bryant played in only 64% of offensive snaps in 2016.

Dez Bryant when he is healthy is usually up around 85% of offensive snaps.

You know how many games in 2016 he reached 85% of the snaps in a game? 7 games. So if you want an actual accurate portrayal of Dez's health look at those numbers.
You are being disingenuous yet again! He didn’t hit the snap counts because he missed three games (which we just talked about) and was pulled early in the last one!!

66 snaps a game, 1058 total snaps, 900 snaps == 85%, 900-66*3==702 snaps which is 66% of total snaps.

That’s not counting playing only 32% of the last game’s snaps in Philly. Outside of these four games, his lowest percentage was 69.9% at Cleveland when we had a blowout win and we’re burning clock.

Try again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are being disingenuous yet again! He didn’t hit the snap counts because he missed three games (which we just talked about) and was pulled early in the last one!!

66 snaps a game, 1058 total snaps, 900 snaps == 85%, 900-66*3==702 snaps which is 66% of total snaps.

That’s not counting playing only 32% of the last game’s snaps in Philly. Outside of these four games, his lowest percentage was 69.9% at Cleveland when we had a blowout win and we’re burning clock.

Try again.
:lol

So now you've checked off 5 games where he didn't play. Only 76% against Washington. Only 71% against Minnesota. Only 73% against Detroit. That's not normal for Dez. Now it's understandable considering he was coming back from a very serious ankle sprain but he wasn't playing full go in most of those games.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
It wasn't Jiggy that randomly hit return. I can't remember who it was, but it wasn't him. The first post in 5 years will just have to remain a mystery.
I have noticed that if you type a post in a separate program/app (i.e. notepad), then cut/copy & paste it into the mb, the justification will be "off" and the result will be those odd page breaks. Unless you preview the post, you won't see the changes. Then you need to fix it... well, I guess, you don't "need to". :unsure

:shrug

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have noticed that if you type a post in a separate program/app (i.e. notepad), then cut/copy & paste it into the mb, the justification will be "off" and the result will be those odd page breaks. Unless you preview the post, you won't see the changes. Then you need to fix it... well, I guess, you don't "need to". :unsure

:shrug
There is someone who used to do that all the time. But I can't remember who it was. I don't think it was Jiggy either.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Dez is fearless?

I believe there is some video from last season that shows otherwise.

west723

Brand New Member
Yeah, Don't post very often, do come and read the articles quit often. Don't hit return when typing at all just comes up that way, Not sure where avatar came from but did manage to change it. Now it is to small for people to see it. It is Rodger Staubach by the way.Had to keep making it smaller to make it fit the guidelines for size(19.5kb I think). Will try to post more often in the future. Do think that something is going to have to happen with Dez, but if they leaving it up to Jerry Jones to talk to Dez I don't think that is a good result.:art

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, Don't post very often, do come and read the articles quit often. Don't hit return when typing at all just comes up that way, Not sure where avatar came from but did manage to change it. Now it is to small for people to see it. It is Rodger Staubach by the way.Had to keep making it smaller to make it fit the guidelines for size(19.5kb I think). Will try to post more often in the future. Do think that something is going to have to happen with Dez, but if they leaving it up to Jerry Jones to talk to Dez I don't think that is a good result.:art
If you will send me the original image, I can place the avatar for you. :thumbsup

west723

Brand New Member
How would I send it to you? File was to big to insert image

Cotton

Staff member
How would I send it to you? File was to big to insert image
Just right click on the image from the web and click on copy URL or copy URL location, and paste it here, and I can take it from there.

Top Bottom