Elon Musk Buys Twitter

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's both stunning and disturbing, not just how much the deep state has been weaponized, but how accepting of this fact the left has become. And also how opposed the left has become to people trying to do good in this world.

Elon Musk is trying to democratize free speech, trying to increase our renewable energy, and trying to ensure humanity's future by making us a multi planet species. Among other potentially ground breaking ventures

LITERALLY EVERYBODY should be rooting for this guy.

If you're not, that says quite a lot about you.
It's terrifying what can be done to a person who the Left doesn't like. With that being said, I love the left, I promise!

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's both stunning and disturbing, not just how much the deep state has been weaponized, but how accepting of this fact the left has become. And also how opposed the left has become to people trying to do good in this world.
I know what you're saying, but... is it really that surprising? The left is the one who weaponized it. And they don't believe in free speech.

Of course they're going to try to get revenge on the man who disrupted their messaging and censorship machine,

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know what you're saying, but... is it really that surprising? The left is the one who weaponized it. And they don't believe in free speech.

Of course they're going to try to get revenge on the man who disrupted their messaging and censorship machine,
Twitter was a big part of the propaganda machine. When Elon exposed that and took that away from them he made himself a target. Unfortunately it's not just a political target. It feels like that's the way it used to be. Now it's become, if you don't comply we will target you in the courts and in the criminal justice system. And maybe that's always been going on, but I sure as shit don't remember it being like this. People should legitimately be scared of that type of overzealous power.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Now it's become, if you don't comply we will target you in the courts and in the criminal justice system. And maybe that's always been going on, but I sure as shit don't remember it being like this. People should legitimately be scared of that type of overzealous power.
It wasn't always like this. Definitely a new and terrible development.

These people don't believe in our institutions. They believe in "by any means necessary."

Problem is, enough young people agree with that philosophy if the person is someone they don't agree with. Like a bad orange man.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It wasn't always like this. Definitely a new and terrible development.

These people don't believe in our institutions. They believe in "by any means necessary."

Problem is, enough young people agree with that philosophy if the person is someone they don't agree with. Like a bad orange man.
Again, it's the propaganda. When an indictment for Trump comes out the news makes it sound like he murdered babies and kicked old folks. And people are so eager to cling to it that they immediately start shouting guilty and that the man should go to jail. And that's the scary part. They could literally do the same to anyone of us if they wanted to. We just don't matter enough to do it to. But it happens to smaller folk to that you never really hear about. I know a gun shop here locally had some stuff like that go down with the ATF.

The scary part is too much of the population buys into it hook line and sinker. So it's not going to stop of slow down. Not unless a politician does what Vivek is proposing and basically cleans house.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Not surprising from the perspective of the last few years, but very surprising to my younger self who grew up and lived in a world where even when we disagreed politically we still had the common belief in liberty and prosperity for all (including those you disagree with) and the ideals this country was founded on.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not surprising from the perspective of the last few years, but very surprising to my younger self who grew up and lived in a world where even when we disagreed politically we still had the common belief in liberty and prosperity for all (including those you disagree with) and the ideals this country was founded on.
Absolutely.

As you said in that first post, what's really a shame is how this is happening right in front of our eyes and most people just accept it, or think it's no big deal.

Genghis Khan

Absolutely.

As you said in that first post, what's really a shame is how this is happening right in front of our eyes and most people just accept it, or think it's no big deal.

I think most people accept it because they think they can't do anything about it, or they don't want to risk whatever level of prosperity they have for themselves. That latter point is why this sort of weaponization of our government is so terrible, it's not just that people are being wrongfully and politically prosecuted but also that it has a chilling effect on so many other people that just want to live in peace.

But I'm not convinced that most people think it's no big deal. I don't know if that's true.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
But I'm not convinced that most people think it's no big deal. I don't know if that's true.
People on our side who keep up with things know how important it is, but the average person hears that Trump has been indicted for the 15th time and thinks he deserves it... or even if he doesn't actually deserve the exact indictments he's getting, that he's such a bad guy that he needs to be taken down somehow. You even see it on here. "Don't care if it's just or not, he's a bad guy so fuck him."

Genghis Khan

People on our side who keep up with things know how important it is, but the average person hears that Trump has been indicted for the 15th time and thinks he deserves it... or even if he doesn't actually deserve the exact indictments he's getting, that he's such a bad guy that he needs to be taken down somehow. You even see it on here. "Don't care if it's just or not, he's a bad guy so fuck him."

That's true.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You just subconsciously indicated you want the titties to remain so you can twist them. Noted.
You need to learn how to read a room better.

Top Bottom