Elon Musk Buys Twitter

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That is some goddamned greatness right there. (Channeling Super 70s Sports)

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That is some goddamned greatness right there. (Channeling Super 70s Sports)
It's a proper label. It also needs to be applied to about 80% of our current media.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The app has gone to shit in terms of what it shows now. Even those you follow are drowned out by the current algorithm.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The fact that people give a fuck about a blue checkmark trips me out.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The fact that people give a fuck about a blue checkmark trips me out.
With this current version of Twitter I agree. But the blue checkmark used to be a way to verify prominent public figures and organizations.

But somewhere along the line, even before Elon took over, the value of it got watered down. It seemed like every WGAS blogger or "influencer" started getting checkmarks.

I don't blame celebs for not wanting to pay the $8 for a checkmark. Elon's methodology has made it completely worthless and meaningless.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It is pretty funny how upset some get.
It used to be a status symbol for them. Now it's gone and they're struggling to cope.

I've seen some people like Rich Eisen kind of circumvent the new rule by taking a screen shot of their account when they still had the blue checkmark and setting that image as their profile pic as "verification". :lol

I wonder how long it'll take Elon's petty ass to start targeting those accounts.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
With this current version of Twitter I agree. But the blue checkmark used to be a way to verify prominent public figures and organizations.

But somewhere along the line, even before Elon took over, the value of it got watered down. It seemed like every WGAS blogger or "influencer" started getting checkmarks.

I don't blame celebs for not wanting to pay the $8 for a checkmark. Elon's methodology has made it completely worthless and meaningless.
To me that seems like a good reason to start charging for it.

Top Bottom