Elon Musk Buys Twitter

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This really does come down to Musk not being an out and out leftist. He's not stopping them from getting their message out, so why are they mad? Because he fired some programmers? Gimme a break.

Because he's stopping their propaganda and stopping their censoring opposing views, they just don't want to say that part out loud.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You think this meltdown was funny, wait until they reinstate Trump. Good lawd, the walls will melt.
Trump said he's staying on his own platform, but I don't believe him. The temptation to reach way more people would be too much.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Trump said he's staying on his own platform, but I don't believe him. The temptation to reach way more people would be too much.
There is no damn way he completely stays away. His ego won't allow it.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Craigslist is run by like 50 people. It can be done.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It seems like 90% of Twitter employees weren't doing anything anyway.

And they will have zero problems finding more coders regardless.
10% of most those employees days were spent in meetings. The other 90% was spent doing absolutely nothing. Hanging out in the stylish twitter Cafe and such. I also think they were allowed to just work from home if they wanted.

So yeah, probably best to trim the fat.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's so beyond hilarious reading leftists comment that Twitter is going to die, as if the richest man in the world would spend 44 billion or whatever it was and just let it fail. These people have no concept of reality.
I'm a leftist and even I said they're being overly dramatic. I said the same thing you said. It makes no sense for someone to spend billions on a company only to purposely tank said company.

I think a lot more people on the left look at it from that level-headed perspective, but just like with anything else, the loud minority gets all the attention. So people assume all Dems act like that.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm a leftist and even I said they're being overly dramatic. I said the same thing you said. It makes no sense for someone to spend billions on a company only to purposely tank said company.

I think a lot more people on the left look at it from that level-headed perspective, but just like with anything else, the loud minority gets all the attention. So people assume all Dems act like that.
When you say Leftist, you mean a Dem voter, right? Or are you a true hardcore leftist.

But anyway, I don't think all Dems are like this. These are spoiled, entitled children with little grasp of reality. That's not the vast majority of people.

Problem is, these young people who are true Leftists -- authoritarian types, some many outright Marxists -- are increasingly in positions of power and influence.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
When you say Leftist, you mean a Dem voter, right? Or are you a true hardcore leftist.

But anyway, I don't think all Dems are like this. These are spoiled, entitled children with little grasp of reality. That's not the vast majority of people.

Problem is, these young people who are true Leftists -- authoritarian types, some many outright Marxists -- are increasingly in positions of power and influence.
I'm fuzzy on all the political labels but when I use leftist I mean anyone who leans left in general.

The Leftists that you're describing are who I would call far-left. And to me those people are just as irritating as the Marjorie Taylor Greens of the world.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

You are not a leftist by today's standards. Not even close.

Top Bottom