Election Chatter Thread...

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Same reason they stopped boarding up windows in DC after election day: because conservatives don't have a reputation for being violent. The latest disaster in Georgia was probably the spark.
Kind of a bad day to be peddling that BS.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Good lord, you fucking Nazis.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Good lord, you fucking Nazis.
I guess we're ruled by Zuckerberg, Dorsey, and Google now, and Biden is just a front man.

bbgun said:
Trump "condoned" the actions of the rioters? When? I saw him make a statement to respect the police and go home.
Yep, he said be peaceful, respect the law and our law enforcement people, and go home. I actually think they blocked that one to make him look worse, like he endorsed this behavior to the end.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Trump "condoned" the actions of the rioters? When? I saw him make a statement to respect the police and go home.
You think the truth matters to these people?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
And no one in their right mind thinks "pressure Congress" means storm the building and destroy property. This was all on the rioters, not Trump.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
And no one in their right mind thinks "pressure Congress" means storm the building and destroy property. This was all on the rioters, not Trump.
The former attorney general disagrees with you. Probably the first time I've ever agreed with Barr on anything.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The former attorney general disagrees with you. Probably the first time I've ever agreed with Barr on anything.
The point stands: refusing to accept an election result is hardly an exhortation to violence. Trump and his team did everything peaceably through the courts and never steered from that course. He's not responsible for the actions of a few yahoos any more than Jodie Foster is responsible for Hinckley.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yep, he said be peaceful, respect the law and our law enforcement people, and go home. I actually think they blocked that one to make him look worse, like he endorsed this behavior to the end.
He Tweeted that AFTER the violence started. Meanwhile he spent a month telling people to come to Washington and "stop the steal." He inflamed their passions by convincing them that the election was stolen. If you think everyone who performed their duties is a traitor at worst or a never-Trumper at best, it justifies a shit-load of terrible behavior. Because you are being a patriot. You think that vet considered herself an insurrectionist?

I really don't want to disrespect you guys but you guys have been exchanging Tweets for months and have just become more and more radicalized. It's been kind of scary to watch, honestly, because I know you guys are intelligent people.

I can understand that we may disagree on policy and the way forward. However, our country has been around for over 200 years and we have a responsibility to maintain our Democracy for our kids. Burning it all down for one man, much less a man of his quality, is short-sighted to say the least.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
The point stands: refusing to accept an election result is hardly an exhortation to violence. Trump and his team did everything peaceably through the courts and never steered from that course. He's not responsible for the actions of a few yahoos any more than Jodie Foster is responsible for Hinckley.
That is a poor analogy.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Trump accomplished way more that’s good for the country than Obama did, in half the time. Obama got almost nothing done. He left the federal judiciary a disaster because he was unwilling to compromise on judicial nominees. He has one piece of signature legislation and it’s a train wreck that’s hated by at least half the country and didn’t work even when it was fully implemented.
Falsehood #1. This claim is somehow true because you say it is? Nope.

Here's actual tracking data:

Obama has almost nothing he can point to as a lasting impact.
How about steering the country and economy back from Bush's disaster that nearly resulted in another Great Depression? Or are you going to try to minimize that too?

Even his hilarious “Nobel peace prize,” rings hollow because Trump, amazingly and against all odds, actually did more for world peace by getting Israel and various middle eastern nations to settle some differences, trying to take a less aggressive approach to North Korea, and starting zero wars (granted this was not Trump himself but rather his cabinets and advisers really). He also had signature long lasting tax cuts and a plethora of important deregulation. His 3 Supreme Court justices will all be way more impactful than Sotomayor and Kagan who even after an entire administration do not seemed poised for leadership roles on the court.
Again, this bullshit is fact because you say so?

Falsehoods as well. A lot of talk with zero support for any of it. Nothing but mouth. Talk and text with nothing behind it. Noise.

Oh, and the Obama administration violated the law on the way out the door by illegally wiretapping Carter Page.

Trump was a major asshole, granted, but the Russia thing was a complete fabrication as the Mueller report begrudgingly admitted (no collusion, but ‘maybe’ obstruction for trying to end an investigation into something that didn’t happen, cause he’s a big meanie) and the Ukraine thing was mostly stupidity not nefariousness.
You lie to yourself pal, not to me. Ukraine was a clear criminal act and blatant abuse of power, certainly worthy of impeachment. You turn a blind eye to this shit, other cans see. And the same goofs in the Senate that let him get away with it have blood on their hands from yesterday. They emboldened that asshole to go even further. To the point of trying to undermine the country's election process and then inciting a riot at the nation's capitol. He will deservedly go down as the worst excuse for a President in this country's history. You or anyone else trying to downplay his actions do nothing more than reveal your own lack of character.

If you’re only two cents on this issue is “Trump was bad,” then again, you don’t have much worth listening to on the subject.
Sure. More willful ignorance from someone that can't stand hearing the truth about the scumbag that they themselves help put in this position. You voted for this guy and now you want to minimize the damage he's wrought. Of course that's a truth that you "don't want to listen to". The truth hurts.

There are no facts that Obama accomplished more: he simply did not. And unless you like high taxes and a horrific halfhearted attempt at universal healthcare that was really simple corporatism, and wasn’t even read by the Senators who voted for it in the middle of the night, Obama has almost nothing to hang his hat on.

His “saving,” of the economy after the crash was started with bailouts and stimulus by Bush, even. He had the world’s weakest economy that wasn’t kickstarted till Trump took over and pushed it into overdrive. Obama’s legacy will be of a wasted 8 years.
Where's the support for this last false claim? Show your work Junior. The fact is that Obama took this country from the brink of the next Great Depression and Trump rode of of his coattails while trying to take credit - as he always does - because he's a piece of shit narcissist.

For anyone interested and actually capable of understand them, here are some actual numbers regarding the economy and the GDP:

Here’s a look at average GDP growth rates under the last six U.S. presidents:

• Jimmy Carter (D): 3.25%
  • Ronald Reagan (R): 3.48%
  • George H.W. Bush (R): 2.25%
  • Bill Clinton (D): 3.88%
  • George W. Bush (R): 2.2%
  • Barack Obama (D): 1.62%
  • Donald Trump (R): 0.95%

You type a lot of shit and make a lot of claims as fact, without the slightest hint of support for any of it. And unlike internet blowhards who are nothing but talk, I actually use some data and statistics to support my position. But this will be all of the time and work I will devote to this specific debate. I'm not about to waste my time and efforts trying to educate the ignorant or force open a closed mind.

You go back to making excuses for Trump and trying to minimize the effects and impact of his fucking circus.

Top Bottom