Election Chatter Thread...

cml750

Not So New Member
The great state of Texas is now getting involved and this one goes straight to the SCOTUS with no lower courts involved.

Texas Sues Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin at Supreme Court over Election Rules

The Texas lawsuit is based on the Constitution and if the justices of the SCOTUS follow the Constitution then Texas should win this 9-0. Of course the best we can hope for is a 5-4 ruling but Texas has the Constitution on its side in this. I am not sure why they did not file this earlier but I thank the leaders of this amazing state for doing this

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
The great state of Texas is now getting involved and this one goes straight to the SCOTUS with no lower courts involved.

Texas Sues Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin at Supreme Court over Election Rules

The Texas lawsuit is based on the Constitution and if the justices of the SCOTUS follow the Constitution then Texas should win this 9-0. Of course the best we can hope for is a 5-4 ruling but Texas has the Constitution on its side in this. I am not sure why they did not file this earlier but I thank the leaders of this amazing state for doing this
I’ve never heard of a state suing another state, where can we follow this, or can you keep us informed?
Very interesting.

cml750

Not So New Member
I’ve never heard of a state suing another state, where can we follow this, or can you keep us informed?
Very interesting.
Sure I will post updates as information comes out.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Wow, this is cool. Maybe it just took them this long to gather the evidence they needed for the lawsuit.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

This is fascinating and could wind up being the biggest impact to come out of all this craziness.

Probably the biggest hurdle right off the bat is whether Texas actually has standing.

Then if they do, they have to decide if laws and ultimately the constitution were violated.

Then, if so, whether Covid is a compelling reason to do so.

And finally, whether there was actual harm.

I think think the ultimate question here is whether our system of checks and balances includes the ability of one state to check another.

At the very least I'd love to see a huge SCOTUS rebuke of all these executive orders.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
As an aside, I'd love to see other states join or at least file amicus briefs in support.

I love Texas for doing this, even if it doesn't work.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
"God bless Texas" is trending on Twitter right now. :towel

Top Bottom