Election Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Are you now threatening to ban me because I'm disagreeing with you?
No, I'm threatening to ban you because you are putting words in my mouth and creating straw man arguments. We get into it here at times. We normally have a good spirited debated and then go about our days and continue to be friends on here. That's because we argue in a fair and (normally) level-headed way, but I will not take someone putting words in my mouth to create an argument that wasn't presented. Now, argue like a fucking grown-up or I'm going to send your ass to the kiddie table.

What do YOU think it means?
I think it means to march on the Capitol. You know, like what has been done thousands of times in this country's history.

Cotton

Staff member
"You'll never take back our country with weakness," the outgoing commander-in-chief instructed his followers at the "Save America" rally Wednesday morning. "You have to show strength and you have to be strong."

"And we fight. We fight like hell and if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore."
And, every damn word of that is true.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
After some thought and consideration, I'm going to exit this area. I had long resisted the temptation, and to stay out of it, as I knew nothing good would come of it and I'm sorry I didn't stick to that position.

To anyone I engaged with, I apologize if my comments offended or insulted you. That was never my intent, nor was it to stir up negative feelings and comments. The world has far too much of that already, as we unfortunately witnessed yesterday. I hold no ill will with anyone I disagreed with, even if it was vehemently and cross words were used. Again, I apologize for that.

But as I see that we all have our opinions and positions and nobody is changing the others' minds, it is fruitless, pointless and a waste of time to engage in them any longer. Nothing good has come of it.

I will see myself out.

:wave
I personally welcome opposing thought and wish you'd stay and continue to divulge your position while hopefully letting logic, verifiable evidence and reason be your guide vs anger and disgust (however justified you may believe it to be) but that choice is obviously yours to make.

I'm gonna swing for the fences and say something I fear will fall on deaf ears. Regardless of what side one is on, I don't believe any president is ever worthy of so much angst nor adoration, they're merely fallible human beings like the rest of us with limited power (thank gawd for the separation of powers and free speech) and would think everyone could unite on the notion the government is too damn big and no human should have the ability to hold so much sway over our lives, especially not our emotions.

We have an opportunity to practice reasoning together here, despite how hard that may be and I wish all us would endeavor to do so because the last thing I want is iamtdg to be correct and us end up in a civil war because all of us were too stubborn to find another way. And I can virtually guarantee if that dreaded day ever arises, we'l long for the day when we could have made the choice to work things out peacefully because at that point it will be too late.

Wars seem a lot easier to start than end imho, we'd be wise to remember that

flame away

Cotton

Staff member
After some thought and consideration, I'm going to exit this area. I had long resisted the temptation, and to stay out of it, as I knew nothing good would come of it and I'm sorry I didn't stick to that position.

To anyone I engaged with, I apologize if my comments offended or insulted you. That was never my intent, nor was it to stir up negative feelings and comments. The world has far too much of that already, as we unfortunately witnessed yesterday. I hold no ill will with anyone I disagreed with, even if it was vehemently and cross words were used. Again, I apologize for that.

But as I see that we all have our opinions and positions and nobody is changing the others' minds, it is fruitless, pointless and a waste of time to engage in them any longer. Nothing good has come of it.

I will see myself out.

:wave
This is an open board, so feel free to post wherever you would like. Just know that we call out idiocy here, and you're no exception.

Cotton

Staff member
I personally welcome opposing thought and wish you'd stay and continue to divulge your position while hopefully letting logic, verifiable evidence and reason be your guide vs anger and disgust (however justified you may believe it to be) but that choice is obviously yours to make.

I'm gonna swing for the fences and say something I fear will fall on deaf ears. Regardless of what side one is on, I don't believe any president is ever worthy of so much angst nor adoration, they're merely fallible human beings like the rest of us with limited power (thank gawd for the separation of powers and free speech) and would think everyone could unite on the notion the government is too damn big and no human should have the ability to hold so much sway over our lives, especially not our emotions.

We have an opportunity to practice reasoning together here, despite how hard that may be and I wish all us would endeavor to do so because the last thing I want is iamtdg to be correct and us end up in a civil war because all of us were too stubborn to find another way. And I can virtually guarantee if that dreaded day ever arises, we'l long for the day when we could have made the choice to work things out peacefully because at that point it will be too late.

Wars seem a lot easier to start than end imho, we'd be wise to remember that

flame away
Dead fucking on. I agree with every word, yim.

Sheik

DCC 4Life

Watch this. Tell me how and what he’s wrong about.

Don’t be a gutless coward because “Oh, he’s Glenn Beck”, I don’t particularly like Beck, in fact I never listen to him. He’s a bit out there for me on some things. I happened to stumble across it and was curious what he would say about yesterday.

If someone can listen to this, no matter what side of the political spectrum you’re on, and not agree with just about all of it, you’re in one of the “end zones” he talks about.

Cotton

Staff member

Unfuckingreal. If there was ever a reason to riot and protest, it is this. This is fucking unacceptable, and is an act of tyranny on our own country's people. This is fucking kidnapping. How the fuck do they get away with this bullshit. We have got to rise up against this bullshit or they will keep doing it.

Sheik

DCC 4Life

Unfuckingreal. If there was ever a reason to riot and protest, it is this. This is fucking unacceptable, and is an act of tyranny on our own country's people. This is fucking kidnapping. How the fuck do they get away with this bullshit. We have got to rise up against this bullshit or they will keep doing it.
Way too far.

Top Bottom